https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Saturday, March 28, 2015

I'm Just Going To (Try To) Do This

I got a note the other day from one of my favorite artists and sheep photographers, Junelle Jacobsen. You've seen her here before.  She did a Draw A Sheep class for us that was so cute and fun.  She periodically offers online art workshops and I've always wanted to participate, but I never think I have enough time.  I never have enough time for anything.

Winter flew by.  I practically missed most of the Iditarod as I tried to race to (barely) keep up with everything.  Then presto, the sheep were sheared, the grass started greening up, the temps hit the mid 70s and I kind of felt like that kid in the group that couldn't keep up and finally stops in the middle of the road crying, yelling for everyone to Wait Up!  

Junelle asked if I would like to contribute a lamb love story to her spring workshop, pink cheeks and mud puddles.  She was thinking of the story of Lila coming to church for Easter Sunday in her little sundress, sitting on my lap while I played the piano.  I reminded her of the story of Miss Maisie going to (and leaving!) church.  In exchange, she gifted me a spot in her workshop :-).


My first thought was of course, how sweet.  My second, I just don't have time.  My third, if you are already standing in the driveway crying, why not pull out a sketch journal, sit down in the mud and slow everything down, even just for a few minutes.  Maybe by the end of April I wouldn't be wondering where April went.


I don't know if I'll have time to actually do this, but I really want to.  Even if I only participate for half the time, I'll be ahead of where I'd be if I didn't make a conscious effort to not let spring whoosh past me.   Anyone want to join me?  Maybe be the one kid in the group who turns around and walks back to the sniffling kid sister, grabs her hand and says, "Come on.  You're fine.  It's only spring."  


*      *      *      *      *

I've divided the sweater body for the front and the back and am about 1/3 of the way up the back. So far, so good.  My goal is to be completely finished for a Yarn Along post on Wednesday. Coincidentally, that's when the art workshop starts.  I need to go pick out an art journal :-).


19 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm so excited! I signed up for this workshop a couple of weeks ago. How great that you will be part of it. I love when paths cross in lots of ways like this! YIPPEE!

LL Farm said...

What a fantastic opportunity for you! I am the friend pulling you up out of the mud puddle. Now clean yourself off and git-r-done ;-)
Lori

Far Side of Fifty said...

What fun! Sounds like a great art workshop! Sometimes you just have to make time...but I am not sure myself what a person has to give up..sleep. cooking or cleaning. Maybe some of each. :)

MarmePurl said...

Take my hand. Come on. You're fine. It is only Spring.
Wait... It is not 'only Spring,' but SPRING!!!
The perfect time for rebirth, regroup and new.

Unknown said...

Ok, as much as reading your blog each and every day means to me, I will give you permission to skip whatever days you need to. I hope you get as much joy from the workshop as I do from your blog and your family. And I also know that we will all benefit from the workshop through your wonderful creations.

Deb W said...

Where's the thumbs - up 'like' button? Yes! Do it! Put us on hold. We'll still be here when you get back!! I'm not entirely clear on what's involved, but your storytelling ability.......photography .......painting and drawing........... that just HAS to be allowed to grow and develop.........like the green stuff pushing up out of the ground now that it's spring. Grow!

T.L. Merrybard said...

Hear hear!

RuusVerd said...

Ooh, that sounds like fun! I wish I could take that workshop. I love making pencil sketches, but I'm hopeless with painting. I always end up ruining the sketch when I try to paint over it. If I simply must have color in a drawing, I have to scan it and use the computer.

thecrazysheeplady said...

How fun!!! :-D

thecrazysheeplady said...

OKAY!!! :-D

thecrazysheeplady said...

Well, I'm already 'done give up' on cooking and cleaning, so sleep it is I guess ;-D.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Trying to get in the spirit...but oh how I love winter... Sigh...

thecrazysheeplady said...

I'm not good on adding color either, but that's one of the things I'm hoping I'll get better at with this class. It's only paper. Go for it!

thecrazysheeplady said...

You all are so sweet. Thank you for all your support. Always. {{{hug}}}

LannieK said...

I am convinced there will never be "enough time" for creative people. And...
Winter went ::: fast:::. I am still learning to spin & my wheel is dusty :-/ The Iknitarid?!? I am still in checkpoint vest-body. It's time to start seeds for the garden. I haven't exactly picked up a paint brush.... AND Yes, Can't Wait to Join You :-D So come on!! Get up, I've got your hand... It's only Spring!!! What's one more thing! It will be fun!

Susan said...

Oh Gawd YES!! Some may be pulling you up and out but I AM PUSHING YOU!!! GO GO GO GO.....
We WILL wait..........

Sheepmom said...

This is so "you"! Do it! Spring is all about growth and new stuff.... and we'll all be so happy to see what you learn/create come through on the blog.

small farm girl said...

I completely understand..........

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, yes. "Come on. You're fine. It's only spring." This may just have to become my mantra for the time being. I'm with you, Sarah! *hugs* :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin