https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Thursday, March 5, 2015

This Bed Is Just Right


"Hank?  You in there?"

That's a good 5' drift behind the barn.  The water tank is under the hump on the left.


"Yeah, but I rather not be."

I opened the inside door and let him out.



This bed is much better.







Sweet Woody :-)

I took some really nice and memorable snow pictures this morning.  We've got at least 16" out there now and that's pretty amazing for Kentucky.  And should be documented.  Well.  I didn't trust my manual settings and instead set my camera to "snow"...and I am crushed.  The pictures and video are all way too dark, way too contrasty, gross.  

I salvaged a few of these as best I could, but I'm hoping I can get some new ones of Tilly, Kate and Comby out in the snow.  Any time a cat is willing to follow you to the barn in that much snow, someone should be there to take a picture.  A good picture.  Sigh.


23 comments:

aarond said...

Hank matches the snow

Unknown said...

Wow, this is a ton of snow!😱 And the pictures are beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, adorable Hank.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, adorable Hank.

Michelle said...

I like these photos! Can't believe Hank laying in the snow! I also really like the snowflakes contrasting with the dark barn in the first shot.

amyfibre said...

Wow! Glad you're faring alright in the epic snow. Watching Hank made me dizzy!

Tee said...

I actually thought the pictures you posted are nice. How many times did he circle?!

Tombstone Livestock said...

Hugs and kisses to Hank, love the pictures, especially the video, did you count how many times he had to spin around to make his bed perfect? I notice he had to take a break in his spins to check out something off to the left.

Auntie Reg said...

I think the photos are great. My thought is that the person who designed the snow setting has never seen snow in person. Hope you have a January thaw soon!

Susan said...

OMG, am dizzy from watching Hank. Glad he finally settled :) what a PILE...................

Mrs Shoes said...

I think these are lovely photos! And the Hank video is so typical of dogs, isn't it?
Sadly, your 'record snow fall' is just an average winter storm where we are *sigh* but I certainly can empathize how much more PITA it makes it for you all. :-)
Mrs Shoes
Please stop by & visit me!
http://lifeatthe4shoes.blogspot.ca/

Tyche's Minder said...

I like these photos. They're not like your regular ones, but they have a nice edge to them. Sorta artsy. :)

Lisa W said...

Comby out in the snow ... yes, please! And how does Weaslie even get around in those drifts!? Do you have to carry her? :-)

Lori Skoog said...

Ha ha ha ha ho ho ho ho! I knew you would enjoy the experience. Snow bliss. The picture you sent me (below) is now on my blog! Thank you for sharing.

Sarah said...

The pictures look good to me. They are adorable. What a precious photo of Hank and Woody. Makes my heart melt!

Marianne said...

I just love looking at the pictures of all of your animals. It really makes me smile while I appreciate how much effort it takes to take care of everyone. Spring pictures up soon!!

Thirteen Sheep (Or More) said...

Hank, you make me smile!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hank has to make it just right! I have never used the snow setting on my camera. I read something the other day.. I think it is called Sunny 16 F 16 1/125 and Iso 100 and go from there. I need to try it myself and then program it as a fav in my camera. Stay warm :)

Ed said...

That Hank is a dog among sheep. For snow pics I use aperature mode WB set to cloudy or sunny and the ISO at 800. It works for me..:-)

Vermont Grand View Farm said...

Now this is what I see every day from about the end of December until sometime in April...

LannieK said...

Awesomesauce!!! Beautiful photos!!!!

MarmePurl said...

Capturing the moment is what counts. And what a moment between Hank and Woody. Love all around.

Shirley said...

Wow that's a lot of snow to get all at once! Loved the video, but it was making me dizzy! Silly boy. What a gentle soul Hank is. At least, around his sheep, wouldn't want to be a coyote and face Hank.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin