https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Friday, March 27, 2015

Watching Grass Grow


It's pretty, but...lots of work, sheep over eat and can bloat, horses over eat and can founder, did I mention lots of work?  Sigh...

Here's a fun fact.  See the manure pile?  We've never had to have one before, but the weather was so wet and sloppy for so long we couldn't use the manure spreader, thus the pile.  Hank loved it and slept there on many a cold day and night.  Not only did it get him up to a higher viewpoint, but the composting action made it practically a heated bed :-).  Please help me remember to rebuild that for him next fall.  


I peeked around the corner of the barn and found everyone napping.  I quickly snapped this picture without noticing the two matching head and ear shadows on Murphy and Baaxter :-).



Baaxter is all grown up, but still looks like he did as a baby in the face I think.  I wish his distinct white X was still as prominent, but what I think looks the most the same is the eyes.  He was such a "big boy" from the start.


I love this scene :-).

*     *      *      *      *

I am in at the sweater body checkpoint!  Just taking a brief layover and then heading for the top front...or back...need to check the map pattern.  I'm getting there!


16 comments:

Benita said...

I can't wait to be there tomorrow!

Donna said...

The flock looks adorable, as always. Their fleece is already starting to grow back out! Glad your sweater is still moving right along.

Tyche's Minder said...

So so jealous of your green grass. Also jealous of how your land slopes *away* from your barn, instead of *towards* it (darn you builder/previous owner). Please remind me of THAT when I come farm shopping in KY.

Lori Skoog said...

We are nowhere near green. Crapola! Did Saint Tim like the Kentucky game last night? Just got a package front Auntie Reg, who says she is on her way home Monday so she can make you an Easter dinner. She sure takes good care of you!

Henny Penny said...

Glad you pointed out the matching head shadows. That's neat! I really like the last picture too. It would be pretty framed.

Michelle said...

That is some lovely green grass. Nice to hear Hank liked the manure pile :)

Lisa Smith said...

I love the matching head shadows! It's interesting the things we pick up after we've already taken the shot. Thank you for pointing out Baaxter's white X. I still can't get over how "bald" everyone looks!

I need orange said...

Ahhhh. Napping in the sunshine. :-)

Don't you love when you see things (like matching shadows) "on the big screen"? I love finding those happy surprises in my pics.

Susan said...

ALL those SPOTS!! We don't notice them so much when they are in full coat. Lovely pics........green, green, the grass is green, now I'll have that stupid song stuck in my head all day!

Sheepmom said...

So nice to see green grass somewhere. We had single digit wind chills last night and more to come tonight. Everyone there looks so happy and comfortable. I would totally be out there sunning with them. Keep the spring pictures coming to give the rest of us hope! ;-)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Not this winter! She abandoned us and we nearly starved to death! Plus, it was boring.

thecrazysheeplady said...

I think it's interesting what I see later. I'm glad for those little gifts :-).

thecrazysheeplady said...

I actually had an email a couple months ago asking if we still had many Jacobs left since they didn't see many in pictures. I think it's funny to see so many spots now that they are sheared :-D.

Terry and Linda said...

I love that last scene also!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
https://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/sherlock-boomer

Far Side of Fifty said...

Your green grass is lovely. I imagine that pasture time is limited for everyone to keep them from getting sick. Sick sheeps is no good. So you let them out and let them in and then later let them out again...hope Kate is helping:)

LannieK said...

Last photo is a keeper ~ They look so happy! And I love all the spots :-) Even the adventure chickens made an appearance

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin