https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Friday, March 2, 2012

Draw A Sheep

I'm having a ton of fun with these challenges. Why I need a kick in the backside to get fun stuff done is beyond me, but if this is helping...or at very least keeping us thinking about stuff, let's keep it up.

The March challenge is to draw a sheep. Yep, drawing. I can't tell you how many times I've had people tell me how they wish they could draw, but just can't. I didn't think I could draw either - and there's a ton of room for improvement for sure - but one day I just decided to give it a try.

At least around here, a basic sheep starts with drawing a sofa shaped blob (or in the case of Boudreaux, a hay bale shaped blob ;-), add some skinny legs, a cute oval shaped nose and some ears...



You've got a sheep!

And yes, I added in a little shading, but that's because I've learned by looking at my photos that Boudreaux's "sofa" creates some a lot of shade. Still a simple sheep. Give it a try!

Here's where things are going to get exciting. We are going to have some guest bloggers this month - real artists who are going to share some tips, encouragement and inspiration.

First up, Lori Skoog. If you aren't already familiar with Lori's blog, The Skoog Farm Journal, go check her out. She is a retired art teacher in western New York, fabulous cook, wonderful photographer, has horses, dogs, cats, all sorts of fascinating friends and she teaches a weekly art class on her farm. I'd love to join her group! On Monday, March 5th, we are going to feel like we have.

The following Monday (March 12th) Junelle Jacobsen is going to share her special talents. Junelle has one of the most beautiful sheep blogs I've seen, Yes and Amen. She has a wonderful encouraging spirit that just shines through her photography, stories, art and videos. I can't wait to see what she comes up with!

The third Monday (March 19th) Barbara Leonard is going to share a special Sherbet Sheep and Friends blog. Oh my. Don't tell Keebs, but Sherbet might be the cutest sheep ever. A sheep wearing wellies, gardening gloves, riding his bike around the countryside, visiting his friends? I don't need to say more.

So how do we all participate? For the month of March, pick up a pencil and a piece of paper and just give it a try. Find Five minutes to draw some sheep. There are no bad sheep drawings, no matter what you think. Even if their legs are uneven, it looks like they have mange, crossed eyes...because sheep are magic - each and every one is special :-).

On the last Monday in March, the 26th, we are going to have an art show! I'll post more information about that as the month progresses, but it's for everyone, "Good or Good" (because remember there. are. no. bad. sheep. drawings. :-) And there will be a cool giveaway!

Got your pencils ready?

15 comments:

Dreaming said...

This sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to try!! May I use my crude paintbrush program, or must it be pen/pencil and paper?

thecrazysheeplady said...

Absolutely - use anything! :-D

Alice said...

What an honor to have those artists guest blog! Of course I'll join in this fun opportunity. For as many hours as it took me to paint 4 sheep at Christmas, I surely can benefit.
Thanks for providing the impetus to try again.

Alice said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
thecrazysheeplady said...

Hey - if I "delete" a comment it's because sometimes the same comment gets posted multiple times.

I've only had one spam comment get through in the last few years. Don't be afraid to take your word verification off!

Linda said...

Sounds fun. I squint when I draw....maybe that's my problem;)))

Terry said...

How fun! I never got past the 3rd grade art level (maybe that's too generous) but I'm going to try!

Ann W. said...

I hope you and your family (human, sheep, cats, dogs, chickens and horses) are all safe tonight. I know bad storms have been coming through Kentucky tonight.

Sheepmom said...

OK, I didn't do so hot with the Find Five challenge, so I'll try to make up for it with this one. How do we do it? Draw and then scan the picture to you?

thecrazysheeplady said...

We made it safely through the storms here but our hearts are with those areas hard hit nearby.

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Excellent!

I am reminded of "Draw me a Sheep, please." from the Little Prince!

I may even give this a try!

Have a creative day!

Mimi
The Goat Borrower

Lori Skoog said...

I'm ready!

Nancy K. said...

This sounds like FUN! I am NOT good at drawing much of anything but I will certainly give it a try ~ just for you! Perhaps I'll needle felt one or two as well....

;-)

Shelley said...

I still say there can be a bad sheep drawing... mine. I cannot draw a stick figure. Maddie should try this though. She can draw like her daddy.

Tammy said...

Coming late to the table, but I think I'll give the draw a sheep challenge a try. I need a kick in the backside to get back to drawing more. So..we will see. Thanks for putting this out there!
Tammy

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin