https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Saturday, February 18, 2023

My Favorite Sheep...Of The Week

This week's Sheep of the Week is Spud, although as I scrolled back through all the old Spud posts, he was usually referred to as Sweet Spud.  

Spud arrived here in the summer of 2014 along with Murphy and Woody to be buddies for Baaxter.  They got into all sorts of fun that first year.  Besides normal teenage hijinks, they dressed up for Halloween and even had a Christmas party.  Do you remember the Spaceship?  He was one of the Spaceship sheep :-).

Spud earned Sweet Spud by, well, by being sweet.  He loved Hank and would always stop to visit with him and "close talk".  Hank never seemed to mind.  Spud would also check in with me almost every morning, lean into me for a sheep hug and we'd visit for a couple of minutes before he headed out for breakfast.  

My favorite Sweet Spud story however, is how he was one of the main Sheep Chicken sheep, helping the old hen up onto her perch each night.  My favorite of those posts was this video.  There are several pictures and a couple of videos of the sheep working to help that old hen.  I loved that.

The picture up top was taken last winter.  It's the December picture on the 2023 calendar.  Salt was Miss December in 2022.  That calendar is still hanging in the wash room.  I can't bring myself to take it down.  I doubt I'll take 2023 down at the end of this year either.  I had to make the hard call this past week.  

Sweet Spud

Spring 2014 - February 13, 2023

He was one of the very best.



11 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, Sara. I'm so sorry....

Marcy said...

Tears for Sweet Spud. What a great way to honor him.

Shelley said...

Oh Sara. I'm so sorry.

Terry and Linda said...

Oh! Gosh! Oh! Darn! I am so so so sorry. Still, I'm glad he lived with you, for life on your farm is the very best!

ineedorange said...

Awwww.

Those hard calls are SO HARD.

Thank you, Spud, for being such a good boy.

Tagati said...

So sorry to hear about Spud. He was a wise old soul that had fulfilled his purpose.

Kisses and hugs to all the sentient beings at the farm.

Mahalo.

Far Side of Fifty said...

So sorry, I will always remember him helping the chickens, he was an awesome helper!

Linda said...

You give all your animals such wonderful, full, happy lives.

Anonymous said...

So sweet. Helping the old hen.🤗 I'm so sorry for your loss. Life sure ain't easy. 😑 K.Littrell

Donna Schoonover said...

So so sorry

Cheryl West said...

More tears. I am so very sorry for the loss of Spud but he did have the best life with you and his friends.

I think the sheep helping that old hen to her roost is one of my favorite memories of life and kindness on your farm.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin