https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Monday, December 13, 2021

BETSY!!!

 


Normally the biggest issue with printing the Christmas card is getting the colors right and we had our fair share of that once again this year.  When it was obvious we weren't going to be able to get it right as it was painted, I headed back home to make some changes and then email a scanned file back to Tim in Lexington.

I really didn't want to make a second 45 minute drive back in to the big city, but I also really didn't want to give the go ahead on a big print job without seeing a new color proof.  I could wait for Tim to bring home the new proof, but then I wouldn't be able to include a card with the calendars mailing out today.  

We decided to do a short run of cards so I'd be able to use them today and then if I hated how they looked, we could continue tweaking the colors before we ran the big group.  They looked great and I gave Tim the go ahead to do the rest of the printing.

I am an obsessive proof reader.  I had looked and looked at the card and was satisfied there were no spelling or horrible grammatical errors.  Something nagged at me though and I picked up one of the printed cards one last time.  Everything checked out...but...maybe I should double check to make sure all the numbers match up correctly.

1.  Krista  2.  Short Round 3.  Ellie...on down to 16.  Cheeto  17. Betsy 18.   18.  18?!?  There was no number 18 on the ID list!  

Guess who is number 18.

Yep.

Possum.

I know when I set up the back of the card that Possum was on the list.  I didn't take her off.  Tim didn't take her off.  

BETSY!!!

I'm going to go ahead and include one of the "limited edition" cards with each calendar order today just so they can get on the way.  Hopefully you will get a laugh as you write in Possum's name...and you can scribble out Betsy's if you wish ;-D.


9 comments:

Shirley said...

Naughty Betsy! She must have been talking to that naughty Elf.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Awww even obsessive proof readers can make errors:)

Camp said...

WELL! Something amiss at Equinox Farm...perhaps the beginning of a book... ala"Three Bags Full"...call in the sheep detective!

And you thought it odd Betsy was in my dream. hmmmmm

janejmtl said...

Ah, the best-laid plans of mice and men…
I’m sure that these “imperfect” cards will evoke chuckles and fond memories in anyone who receives one.

LannieK said...

Figures, huh?
Gotta still live Betsy 😺

Cathy D. said...

OK, I know Betsy gets into a lot of mischief but you're telling us Betsy didn't want Possum's name on the list? So, she erased it? That poor, sweet, misunderstood little kitty, she wouldn't do anything so diabolical, especially at this time of year. Betsy needs a lawyer!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Betsy probably DOES need a lawyer ;-D

Janie said...

I don’t remember how to order the calendars!! What do I do?

thecrazysheeplady said...

Just send me an email :-).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin