https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Monday, May 4, 2015

Above And Beyond

Summer is finally here. Yeah... It was too hot to sit in the playpen (or work above it), so I let Liddy tootle around in front of the barn while I worked on the Wool House porch. She's been slow to learn to eat grass so I was happy to see her nosing around at all the green weeds goodness in the driveway. The next thing I saw..


I had hoped that Kate would be at least somewhat okay with a bottle lamb when one showed up (as they frequently do around here ;-). There are many Border Collies who would NOT. Sweet Kate has far exceeded my hopes in all regards.


So has Sweet Liddy.


Above and beyond.


"I'm okay with you taking these pictures so long as you don't put them on the internet where my friends can see me!"



"I'm glad there's a lot of comfy grass in the driveway!"  Liddy

"I okay with you taking pictures of the driveway so long as you don't post them on the internet where people can see them."  Saint Tim ;-).


22 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like a fine driveway to me...a country one for sure! Kate is being sweet...and the photos are adorable. They both look content!:)

Shirley said...

Awww good dog Kate!

T.L. Merrybard said...

Good girl Kate!

MarmePurl said...

I love Kate too.

Tyche's Minder said...


Just tell Saint Tim that grass you can drive on is a very high end item in fancy neighborhoods. ;)

These pictures are as sweet as the Betsy pictures of Maisie's lambhood.

Susan said...

SWEET pair and Liddy has such a sweet smile (smirk) on her face...just look at me, how far I have come, you CAN post this :)

sophy0075 said...

Tyche is right! Folks around here pay $$$ for grass in their driveways (I don't - I spend my pennies on wool).

Perhaps Liddy will become a herding sheep - I've read about sheep and pigs who think they are border collies. She already thinks she is a princess.

Mary Ann said...

Oh, gosh, Liddy is beautiful! Her friend Kate, is too.!

Terry and Linda said...

Nanny Kate! YAY!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Susan said...

Adorable - the pair of them! I am a proponent of grassy driveways, myself.

Leslie said...

So some border collies would be adamant that she needs to be back with the herd and wouldn't tolerate her bouncing around loose?
Great pics, as usual. Liddy might be the cutest lamb you've had yet. Such soft pretty markings.

YarnKettle said...

Everyone can be friends when nap time is involved. They look lovely together!

YarnKettle said...

Everyone can be friends when nap time is involved. They look lovely together!

farm buddy said...

Kate is looking great, and so is your Liddy! Kelsey just averts her gaze when my bottle lamb (as usual named Lambie Lou) trots across the lawn for her umpteen bottle. I have just purchased a new Frisbee for Kelsey to celebrate her third year with me and as a reward for putting up with puppies AND a bottle lamb!

Alice said...

Adorable captures!!! Dandelions are a sweet treat!!! She's learning to eat dessert first!!!

Heather said...

Sweet girl Kate! So proud of you for helping Sara out with that pesky lamb! Good girl!

Heather said...

PS tell Kate I have NOT shared these photos with her family here! :-)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Is this really a thing???

thecrazysheeplady said...

I, wait, what? I've always been under the impression, from Jeff Foxworthy..."If you have to mow your driveway...you might be a redneck."

thecrazysheeplady said...

Yes, absolutely! Kate and Iris are exceptions to the "rule" :-).

thecrazysheeplady said...

Do you read North Wapiti? The border collie there, Bet, has to put up with puppies too and does some really good posts about them :-).

thecrazysheeplady said...

:-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin