https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Sunday, May 17, 2015

2015 KentuckySheep And Fiber Festival


This is me and Liddy on our way home from the festival yesterday.  Yes, she rides in the front seat of the truck with me.  She knows the drill.  Walks around to the driver's side door, waits to be hoisted up into the front seat, I get in, start the truck and about a minute down the road she lays down next to me and within a few minutes is asleep, with her head on my lap.  Cutest. Lamb. Ever.

We got poured on off and on all day yesterday, but the crowds were pretty good and lots of fun folks stopped by to meet the sheep.  Quite a few even braved hugging on the boys and that's saying a lot.  If you've ever felt a lanolin-y wet sheep, you know what I mean ;-).  Liddy was tucked in the back of the booth and did just the best job all day.  Thanks Auntie Reg for your always awesome babysitting!

The fleeces did very well!  Blues for Murphy, Woody and Chocula.  Spud got a red (I'm guessing behind Murphy).  Murphy earned a Champion ribbon as well and Woody was Reserve in his division :-D.  It looked like quite a few entries, so I am hugely flattered!

Liddy and I are getting ready to head back over this morning.  It looks like the weather is going to be better today - the sun is shining right now :-).  There are still a few fleeces left, including Chocula's ,which they let me bring back to the booth yesterday afternoon.

Come see us :-).


16 comments:

Tyche's Minder said...

Let's hear it for fiber wethers! Go boys. :)

I need orange said...

Wow, what a great day! Congratulations! Of course, I'm not a bit surprised -- those are GORGEOUS fleeces......... :-)

Lori Skoog said...

Congrats on the awards. Of course I am not surprised as you and your sheep know what you are doing. Liddy sure is growing.

Alice said...

Congratulations on the ribbons!!! Give those fleece an extra smoosh from me!! Liddy is just one class act!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I knew those fleeces were out of this world when they came off the sheep!

Michelle said...

I'm thrilled for you and Liddy!

Cheryl West said...

Liddy is indeed a very special lamb as are your beautiful fleeces. I hope you have a glorious day and not too hot.

flowerweaver said...

Congratulations!

Michelle said...

Clap*Clap*Clap*!!!!!!!!

Amanda said...

Fun fun! Congrats on your lovely awards. :)

Eppie Doodle said...

Congratulations to you and the lovely sheep! Your fleeces are beautiful!

Take care.

Susan said...

Yea to you and yours for winning!!! Liddy's fleece is growing out :) What a sweet heart. Hoping for sun for you.

LannieK said...

Congratulations!

Judy said...

Congratulations! I wish that I could come by to see the sheep and to pick out a fleece. What an awesome way to drive along with a sheep as a companion :-)

Lisa Smith said...

I just love hearing about Liddy's routine in the truck! What a sweetheart! And, congratulations on your award-winning fleece. Sounds like a wonderful Fiber Festival!

sophy0075 said...

Hooray! You and your boys deserve the ribbons. Liddy deserves "Cutest Lamb at Festival." What a little fleecy love bug.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin