https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A Different Kind Of Camp

If you are only here for the cute lambie pics, scroll quickly to the bottom. If you'd like to see something really cool, read on.

We finally got some rain yesterday afternoon.  Yes, after months of too much rain, we were now starting to get too dry and the temps have been more like July than May :-(.  Liddy, Kate, Tilly, the cats and I rode out the storm on the back porch.  When it was over, we headed back out to "play".  I went to the lavender garden to pull weeds while the dirt was soft.


As I picked around, checking each plant for signs of growth after a winter that was too cold and too wet for most lavender, I was happy to find only 10 plants needed to be replaced.  I noticed one of the dead ones had a strange seed head or something stuck in it.  I looked closer.


Tiny tiny tiny seeds of something...  Wait, I know what this is!  I ran to the house to grab my camera.


After years of carefully watching these egg sacks, I was finally getting to see one hatch out!  I've been dying to see this!


Little baby writing spiders !!!


Hundreds, maybe a thousand.  So tiny, less than the head of a pin.


"Salutations!" *


A Liddle something to bring your heart rate back down ;-).

* Charlotte's Web, by E. B. White


23 comments:

Benita said...

That was one of my favorite children's books. I still re-read it once in a while.

Sheepmom said...

Cool! Imagine how tiny are the insects that will make a meal for THEM! You'll have to keep an eye on that plant to see if any stay on it to call it home.

Jan baby said...

HOLY COW! What an eagle eye! That was wonderful! Looking forward to a summer of tiny findings , i.e. 4-leaf clovers, bee wings, hummingbird antics, nests filled with bird eggs, etc.

Michelle said...

Another blogpal with a "big girl camera" recently posted photos of baby spiders. So cool! I'd need a magnifying glass to see them without the help of my blogpals!

Ruth said...

Oh wow those are some really pretty baby spiders! Good work spotting them!

The Dancing Donkey said...

What a great find! They're so cute:)

Juliana said...

Thanks so much for posting these spider pictures! The photos are amazing!

Also, I am so enjoying the continuing story of Liddy.
Juliana

www.bergamascosbabydollbrigade.com said...

So VERY, VERY cool! I love the photos of the spiders.

farm buddy said...

Holy Smokes! THOSE are tiny T-Rex spiders?

Christine said...

Great photos. I have to admit I liked it better when I thought they were seeds. LOL

Cheryl West said...

Seeing a spider hatch is a lovely sight. So glad you noticed the eggs. I'm sorry you lost some of your lavender. Much to my surprise all of mine survived here in CT.

Alice said...

Awesome capture! .... To be born on a bed of lavender!! How divine!

Alice said...

Addendum: creative picture of your woolen sock peeping up behind Liddy's resting head. It's all good ;-)

Far Side of Fifty said...

I read that book to my girls and I think we still have the VHS movie:) Awesome photos! :)

I need orange said...

How cool, to get a glimpse of all those hundreds of babies launching themselves into the world! Thanks for sharing them with us!

MarmePurl said...

I like the way you think!

MarmePurl said...

I like the way you think too!

T.L. Merrybard said...

I'd never have guessed from the first photo! Fantastic!

sophy0075 said...

I see a sequel to "Charlotte", starring a writing spider and a spotted lamb...

Terry and Linda said...

Spider, spider everywhere

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
https://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/sherlock-boomer

LannieK said...

Oh.My. That's a lot of spiders... Good catch!

Shirley said...

I've seen something similar twice, once on the side of our house and once on a Dogloo that my sister gave me. Since we have a plethora of spiders here, those ones didn't survive.....

Susan said...

How wonderful.........getting to see the the birthen' of all those babies! What a treat. Thank you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin