https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Friday, January 21, 2011

Now That's What I'M Talkin' About!

I was out at the barn late last night. The snow was (finally) gusting down and around and from a distance, what was sticking to the tops of the cut outs gave the sheep a fuzzy, real look. Back to the house for the camera.



I had fun playing around with different exposure times - slower allowed the snow to blur...



Faster captured some actual flakes.



I used a tripod and positioned my body to shield the camera from the snow as much as possible. I love the way it captured the ground snow.



Snow belly deep to a corgi - well, that's not actually saying much.

I changed the microphone to the lowest setting without completely turning it off. The wind noise is still significant and not at all the neat sound of swirling snow in real life. Rats. But the video is neat...I think.



I'm sure most people would rather be watching grass grow ;-).

17 comments:

Jody said...

You are an amzing photographer. Boy that's alot of snow coming down.
I just read Renny's story in your previous post. I was thinking that I shouldn't feel sad, I should feel very happy!!

Lori Skoog said...

Sara, these are all outstanding shots. You are some artist.

Nancy K. said...

AWESOME photos! I especially like the first one. The video sounds COLD!

Great news (for me, anyway); I found the flower!

;-)

Bee Magic Chronicles for Kids said...

Just amazing. Let me know when you have a calendar for sale because I'd buy one.

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

Thank you for standing out in the wind, cold, and snow, and catching that for us.

thecrazysheeplady said...

I still have 2 calendars left. They are listed in my etsy shop :-).

Cabin 19 Supply Company said...

Very cool photos! Thanks for sharing. Would like to talk to you about ordering felted sheep. I'm going to email you too but sometimes my emails get bounced to spam files so I wanted to give you a heads up here.
Lisa

Deb W said...

Could I buy one of those calendars? (May I just send you a check,or do I need to go through Etsy?)

Alice said...

There is snow on the sides of the sheep as well contributing to the fuzzy look. Really entertaining photos. I liked the sound effects, I was almost waiting to hear some bleating or barking. Weaslie is such a comic trying to look like one of the cutouts and is instead a cutup!

flowerweaver said...

Lovely, not to mention you built the plywood setup, too! Farmer Rick enjoyed seeing your blizzard while I shivered.

Ed said...

Now those are some great shots!!! Glad I missed all that snow, I'm in Dallas Tx today..:-)

tonya said...

The last two are my favorites, very Christmas card-like! That is a big girl camera you have there. You would laugh at my "driving down the road..slow down just a little.. point and shoot thru the windshield.. yes, good enough" lol. You really put a lot into taking your photos and it shows. I'm embarassed now to post my "thru the windshield" shots. However, I could caption them "notice the blur" "this cell phone does not have an action setting" Your photos are great Sara, thanks for sharing!

Gayle said...

Seriously, being in Alaska I would much rather watch grass grow. It's been winter for a very long time now, and will be for a lot longer. It's been -20 to -50*F depending on how high/low you are in town. And, I for one, have had enough. Bless you for still lovin' it.

Peruby said...

I swear to God that cut out dog moved in the first part of the video!

thecrazysheeplady said...

It did actually. The wind was vicious!

bj from LaColline said...

Cool Video!! Had my sweetheart come and watch 'n listen. Loved the optical illusion of two tornadoes with their tips sitting on the backs of the sheep. Goosebump worthy!

Verde Farm said...

Sarah, you are so talented. These photos are amazing. I LOVE them. I thought they were real animals at first when I glanced. The video is amazing-it was really coming down and I love how the snow on the ground moved with the wind. REally cool.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin