https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Monday, January 3, 2011

Don't Forget...

There are Twelve Days of Christmas! And I still have 3 more days to finish making my gifts ;-).



I wanted to share the personal Christmas card I painted for my friend Debbie Bailey this last year. These are her four fabulous (and famous :-) Border Collies - Ben and his sons Nick, Camp and Huck. I was flattered she asked me to do this and I had a good time working on the design.

Being set up at the Kentucky Sheep and Fiber Festival, I missed watching them compete at the Bluegrass Classic Stockdog Trial this past year, but here is one of my favorite pictures from two years ago.



Huck, at the end of the double lift.

They are good boys.

10 comments:

Verde Farm said...

Great picture! I so hope I can hire you to do my Christmas card next year. You are so talented Sarah and the pictures you paint are so warm. I just love them :)

Alice said...

What a warm, tender Christmas card from the position of the dogs to their initials on the stockings! A fabulous painting!
Photography, knitting, spinning, painting, felting, weaving, shepherding, rescuing, beekeeping, carriage riding, writing... so many talents you are blessed with. Thanks for sharing ;-)

Lori Skoog said...

Sara...the card is excellent. You have such a style I would have recognized it without you saying so.
Hope 2011 is off to a great start!

tonya said...

LOVE IT! You did a fabulous job on the card. I love the photo too. It looks like a great candidate for the "working" photo class! :) Happy 9th, 10th, or whatever day of Christmas it is :)

Tiggeriffic said...

What a tiggeriffic Christmas card you made for Sarah.. Love how the dogs are sitting by the fire.. Cool~!
You did good girl~! Have a great day. ta ta for now from Iowa

flowerweaver said...

Nice!

Camp said...

Oh Sara! You are so nice to include our Christmas Card in your blog. Remembering our friendship began after I received one of your special cards from my sweet friend Jenny Glen. Getting one of your card means so much....so I knew one day I'd like you to paint one for me. You truly captured our little family. You see God's creatures bright and beautiful. I hope others will treat themselves to a custom card and you receive the painting as well..it is affordable folks! Tim does an amazing printing job. Thanks too for including the picture of Huck. Talk about capturing a special time in life! You took the perfect picture! Thank you for your frienship Sara and Tim....Thank you Thank you...we are blessed.

CTG Ponies said...

Love the card and the photo is great.

cyndy said...

Lovely card! Great design!

Hand painted cards rock ;-)

Anonymous said...

Your talents always amaze me. I love the card! Great job!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin