https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Walking The Straight And Narrow



The focal point here should be the barely visible five inch wide path most of the sheep are walking on and not the obvious fact that our chain drag is sitting out in the field where someone could step in it...

Anyway, an orderly walk to the back to graze, rapidly turned into this:



Keebs is the white sheep bounding towards the camera. Rebecca Boone is the goofy gray sheep and Petunia is the brown sheep with some real hops. The limping sheep is ancient Miss Ewenice, not someone who got hung up in the drag ;-).

The video was taken with my D300s and not the actual video camera. The way I understand it, it only focuses once, so when the sheep get further away, they are a little blurry, but I surely don't care - too fun. By the way, the snarfling noise is not a bear getting ready to eat me, but Hank. I have a neat picture of him to post tomorrow.

Wanna see some more? Woolliam (really fat white sheep) joins in...for a little bit.





Well, I'd like to say the main focus here is the contrast between super black Boudreaux the Biter and white Popcorn PeePee Pants, but it's sure hard not to think "yeesh, those are some chunks..." (okay any grammar police out there, do I put a period after the quote marks?)



Henrietta, Rebecca Boone and Annabelly.

RB and Henri's fleeces are both outstanding this year. My friend Julie was over yesterday, helping me sort through all the washed fleeces. I can't wait to take them to the mill! Both will be for sale at the Kentucky Sheep and Fiber Festival...unless I can't bear to let them go.

You know how to make a small fortune in the sheep business? Start with a large one... We have/had neither, but I've always loved that "horse business" quote and if you don't sell your fleeces... Just sayin' ;-)

15 comments:

DayPhoto said...

This was a fun visit! I enjoyed looking at your farm, seeing the sheep in their sheered lovelyness and wtaching them play.

You live in a green wonderland.

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Joanna@BooneDocksWilcox said...

I'd like to pull up a chair with a glass of sweet tea in hand and watch the sheep all day - very relaxing therapy.

Christine said...

Love it. I keep saying I need to take the video camera out first thing in the morning. Dorthy was acting like a whack job this morning.

Who is limping in the first video?

BTW, no one could ever claim you're not taking care of those animals. They are, uh, not malnourished by any means. lol

thecrazysheeplady said...

Oops - that's Miss Ewenice limping. Limping, but getting along pretty darn good for an old lady.

Leedra said...

I laughed (and laughed) at the Silly Sheep clip.

I assume you are going to have a booth selling your fleece at the KY festival. Will it be called Punkin Patch? Just want to be sure I find you. I will be in classes Fri and Sat and will only get to go to the booths after class on Sat. Have to return home Sat evening.

Lori Skoog said...

Both videos are terrific...you have some very happy sheep.

Mom L said...

I'm still grinning - I love watching your videos! What a delightful way to spend a morning. And here's to Miss Ewenice, who doesn't let a little age get her down!

Nancy in Iowa

Alice said...

Until I watched the videos on your blog, I did not realize that sheep frolicked like that, or that they could run as fast as Keebler does. What fun to watch! ( over and over again).

Anonymous said...

Very fun post and I love that quote :)

amyfibre said...

I am venturing down from St Louis for the KY Festival. How will I find you? Looking forward to meeting you and feeling up your fleeces in person!

Amy

thecrazysheeplady said...

I will be set up in the animal pavilion - look for Punkin's Patch. Am probably bringing Rebecca Boone, Woolliam, Heidi and Beanie Baby with me. Should be exciting ;-).

CathyD. said...

What FUN!!!
Looks like some of the sheep are on a sugar high from all those birthday cookies.
Thanks for a good laugh.

Haley said...

Well, I'm not really policing grammar, but if you are interested, you put a fourth period inside the quotes. "Like this...." It has to be four, not just the three from the ellipsis. Sorry, I am a total geek.

Cute videos! Popcorn PP Pants doesn't look that big compared to the black sheep.

Heather said...

I just love it when they jump around and play - I don't think there is any comparison of pure joy.

flowerweaver said...

They made me laugh! What's with RB's up and down head thing? Ducks do that, too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin