https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Monday, January 23, 2023

Cat Tales

I woke up around 4:00 this morning and could not get back to sleep.  I finally gave up and got up around 5:30.   As I was getting dressed I heard a tiny Possum meow.  And then another.  Not her normal "It's about time you got up to fix us some breakfast!", but more like Possum had fallen "in the well".  

What on earth??  I clicked on the light and saw nothing askew.  No furniture tipped over trapping her, no huge pile of laundry burying her...well, there may have been a huge pile of laundry, but it was in no way causing her troubled cries.  The only thing left was Bea's crate, but how would she get stuck on that.

She wasn't stuck on it.  She was stuck in it!  With Bea!  All night!  

I remembered Bea hesitating a moment before she went to bed last night, but I assumed it was because I'd changed her bedding to a blanket she'd not seen before.  Bea chooses to still sleep in her puppy crate and it's a cozy little cave.  Possum apparently thought so too.  

I never heard a peep until I got up, but now I'm wondering if Possum had been throwing darts at me half the night.  It's not a large crate, just barely big enough for Bea.  How they both made it through the night together is...well, let's just say I opened the door without stopping to try to take a picture...that I now kind of wish I had.

(Insert picture of grumpy Possum)

"Dis NOT my bed!"


Meanwhile, back last Sunday, poor not super athletically inclined Archie ended up with one of his back feet under one of Frankie's front feet.  It was a wreck and he ended up having to get five stitches in one of his toes, but he took it all in typical Archie fashion and amazingly he too seems no worse for the wear now that it's all over.  

Cats...  Mondays...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sara, this brought back a funny memory from 27 years(yikes) ago when I picked up my first puppy after she was spayed. The vet had already placed her in the dog carrier and when I picked it up, I laughed and said that Tavi felt heavier and how weird that was since something was taken out.😏 I loaded the carrier in the front seat with me. I noticed Tavi was scrunched up against the wire door, but I assumed she was groggy and stressed. About halfway home I'm sitting at a stoplight and I hear the strangest sound come from the dog carrier. A long, very unhappy yeoooooow! What the *#@%&! Meanwhile Tavi is giving me this totally disgusted look. I pull into a parking lot and open the carrier door. Stuffed way in back is a....cat!!! The vet office mascot cat! The drive back to the vet office was me laughing between apologizing to Tavi.😂😂I can still hear the vet in hysterics as I explained the situation. Cats!!! They can get themselves in some situations. And I'm not sure my Tavi ever forgave me. Honestly, Mom...🙄 K.Littrell

thecrazysheeplady said...

That is an awesome story! :-D

Shirley said...

What a good Possum for sharing the crate without resorting to claws!

ineedorange said...

I bet Possum was more traumatized than Archie. I wonder if she'll ever try that trick again.....

Michelle said...

TWO good cat stories (with K.Littrell's); Archie I just feel bad for. But it sounds like he came out far better than puppy Poppy did when Lance stepped on her; I STILL feel guilty about not preventing that!

LannieK said...

Yep.
Cats & Mondays...

Windswept Farm said...

I had a similar thing happen years ago with a 'not big fan of cats' dog (Ike) who hesitated but I insisted. At least it was an extra large crate.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Poor Archie:( Possum and Bea together that was a cozy night!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin