https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Mrs. Pepperpot And Her Snuggle Muffin

I'm not exactly sure why Muffin and Mrs. Pepperpot are always sleeping together now.  This wasn't the case all fall and into winter.  It pretty much started after I tried to move Mrs. P into the Del Boca Vista Annex and subsequently moved her back after the weather broke.

Were they stressed by the "weaning" (even though they were only separated by a gate) and are just so relieved to be back together? 

Does Muffin know her mom is struggling and is worried about her?  Maybe thinks she's cold?  Is trying to make her feel better?  I wonder now, all those times when I thought Muffin was being too bossy, pawing her mom to make her get up...was she trying to keep her moving?

Is Mrs. Pepperpot just being a devoted momma, taking good care of her baby?  If so, why were they not sleeping side by side all along?

I can't tell who is more comforted by the other.  Mrs. P is constantly watching for where Muffin is when she's not by her side...but watch the video at the end. 







Yes, I know this looks more like this is going to be a video of Woody.  He does the perfect video bomb, complete with snarfling ;-D.


15 comments:

Michelle said...

I don't know what the dynamics are, I am just certain that there ARE specific dynamics going on in their relationship; it's not random or happenstance. The inner lives of citizens of other nations....

JaneJMtl said...

What lovely, sweet photos and video. Mrs. P. looks so contented next to her Muffin. Such a good mom and daughter.

sophy0075 said...

Why, Woody - you're a camera hog! ;)

I think Muffin is trying to help keep her mum warm, and to remind her she's loved. It's not just humans who know when another is uncomfortable or suffering - maybe animals know *better* than humans. They certainly aren't as devious.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Animals are pretty smart and I am certain that Muffin senses something :(

Ruth said...

This is such a sweet scene. It reminds me of Suckie and the last lamb she had, Holly. Holly was weaned along with the other lambs and Suckie went with the ewes for a while. Then I decided to put Suckie back with the lambs because there was better grass for the old girl, and from that point on the pair of them became inseparable. It was really very sweet. I do think that Muffin is trying to comfort her mummy. 💕💕

Karen Larko said...

I know animals can tell when something is going on. My dogs use to sleep together on one dog bed if one or the other weren't feeling well. They just know. I believe animals are better at this than humans.

Grey Horse Matters said...

I think she’s trying to stay close and comfort her mama. Animalsknow when something is going on with another. And they’re kinder than humans to each other.

Cheryl West said...


Dear Mrs. P. looks very calm and content snuggled up to her Muffin. You are very wise to keep this family together.

Marilyn F. said...

Ahhh . . . nice bond they have. Who knows the reason why. Wonder if Mrs. P. lambs again perhaps the bond will change? Will wait and see. Thanks for sharing the sheep love. . .

sophy0075 said...

I had to watch the video again. Warm muffins are the best - so is this warm Muffin.

Lady Fi said...

Awww - so adorable!

Patti said...

Doesn't get much sweeter than their relationship. Love. Thank you for sharing your farm with us. You amaze me with all you do, and the consistency of blogging. Not easy, know I appreciate all your sharing efforts.

Deb said...

Sometimes your Mom has to go away for a little while (or into another pen) before you realize just how much you need to cuddle!

Laura L. said...

It looks like normal family behavior (at least according to my sheep). And I have to ask, do your sheep not poop? Your bedding always looks so clean, lol.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Haha. Let’s just say we have a deep straw pack ;-D.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin