https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Two Table Tuesday

Like Tongue Out Tuesday, but with tables...and, yeah, it's just barely still Tuesday.  It's a fun title though, so I'll type fast :-).  

When you live in a small house and a small wool house, space is always at a premium.  I've been stacking balancing stuff on the back beam of my big loom for years.  It occurred to me that it would be very useful if I could turn that into an actual table.


The "table" rests on the back beam and hooks onto a loop of mop cord (another weaving tool that's not getting used as much as it should around here :-/) attached to the bar at the top.  When I want to use the loom, I just need to unhook the back loops and remove the board.  Pretty clever if I say so myself :-).


The weaving sheep look very interested in the yarn cones.  I need to do a post showing the before and after yarn the next time I'm skeining and washing.  Everyone who's seen the unwashed yarn compared to the finished yarn is amazed.  It is pretty wild.


The other new pretty darn clever table is in the spare bedroom at the not quite as woolly house.  I wanted a way to spread out and package orders without having to carry all the shipping supplies into the dining room, making a huge mess.

Putting a board on some hinges off the shelf was pretty do-able, but setting legs underneath it was problematic and I wasn't super jazzed about having chains holding up each side.  In the process of propping up the table to set the hinges, Tim noticed the quilt rack was the exact height to support the table.  


And when I'm done I just slide all my shipping supplies back on the shelf, remover the quilt rack and drop the board.  How about that!

It's two minutes until Wednesday, so I'm going to table this and go to bed :-D.



12 comments:

Michelle said...

Your wool house is pretty spacious in my opinion – except for those space-hogging LOOMS! ;-)

Dicky Bird said...

Those are great ideas! The table on the shelf - genius!

Karen at longwell said...

Brilliant!!!

knitski said...

Love the hearts on the quilt rack and I to love the good use of space . . . now do I do it all the time NOPE and I really have a few places that could use some serious attention!

Goatldi said...

Oh my look at there you have my quilt rack!

Thank you for the blogger tutorial I will now see if I can’t make that happen at my house to some extent because I do have a very small cabin. Excellent idea on both tables.

Terry and Linda said...

Well done!!

Cheryl West said...

It's so satisfying to reorganize to make life easier and save space.
A happy Tuesday.

I need orange said...

Very clever! Good work, you and St. Tim! :-)

sophy0075 said...

MUCH better than making space by clearing out wool and yarn! Your loom is now dual purpose!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh your loom is just beautiful! Seems like you are organizing a little! Have fun...I have a quilt rack just like that:)

karen said...

lovely home and I do love the way you have that table that flips out!

The Odyssey Farm said...

Very clever!! PS are those chaps hanging on the loom? And please dont tell me they've been hanging there forever. 😄

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin