https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

And To All A Good Night!

This is the 15th year I've painted an Equinox Farm Christmas card.  We've been caroling and decorating, skating and sledding, sleigh riding, snowman building, snowball fighting, cookie baking, sweater knitting, card sending, eating Christmas dinner and even putting on a live nativity.  

As I was out of winter activity ideas for future cards, I decided 15 would be a good stopping point...and I wanted to do something different.  No light blue sky and bright white snow.  Nothing that couldn't actually be happening...except maybe that snowball fight ;-).

Once I got over feeling self-conscious about my goofy hillbilly voice and started actually enjoying doing live barn tours in the evenings on Instagram over the summer and fall, I knew what my card design for the final year would be.  

 


Here's where it gets a little crazy crazier.  Remember those adorable stamps with the sheep and horses last year?


Best. Christmas. Stamps. Ever.  

I knew the post office had some left over...I stewed on them all summer...and then bought enough for this year...and next year.  And then when I needed to add a little extra postage to two envelopes and the post office wouldn't sell me individual sheep stamps...and I saw there were only five books left in the drawer...I bought them all.

The moral of this story?  If something happens to me, would someone please remind Saint Tim that there is probably $200 worth of postage tucked away in the office (insert that funny grimace face emoticon from my phone). 

Merry Christmas!


22 comments:

Susan said...

That is WONDER FUL! OK, postage for the next millennia? Just remember Where you stashed it :)

Linda said...

No new cards? Well...will you continue to sell the multi-paks? I hope so.

Two more questions. How do you decide which sheep wears a bell?

And why is Tilly called Tilly/Weaslie?

thecrazysheeplady said...

I never lose sheeps :-D.

I'll still do a card of some sort. They just will be something different carrying forward. Graham wore the bell because he was fun to aggravate. Andy wears it now because he was Graham's friend. Petunia has a bell because she seems to enjoy 'bling'. They are the only ones wearing bells at this time.

Tilly/Weaslie/Tilly Bobby/The little Shriner/D@@@it Weaslie/Cream Cheese-ly... Her nicknames are endless ;-D. I don't really know why.

Michelle said...

Don't ALL our animals have multiple names??? Don't get me started; which one would I choose to demonstrate with first?

Grey Horse Matters said...

Love the card and the stamps! Our herd has lots of names too. No thought goes into them they just come out of our mouths from nowhere.

Cheryl West said...

I love your nighttime barn and the diagram to know who's who. I'm so happy that you will continue with cards.

I always say goodnight to my cats at bedtime. It is rare that anyone actually sleeps on our bed. Who knows why?

Karen at longwell said...

Looking at your wonderful painting, I can allow myself to set aside the frantic feeling of Christmas preparation and just enjoy the peace of your farm. With thanks for your sharing with all of us...

Michelle said...

This is a lovely card for a stopping point. A restful scene :)

katherine littrell said...

This is probably my favorite card! I have always felt barns are almost sacred places, very spiritual to me. The simple man's cathedral in a sense. And add a starry night- just perfect. Merry Christmas!!!

ElaineChicago said...

But wait......where is Murphul??!!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Murphul/Murphy doesn't seem to have an assigned sleeping spot. Plus he's been on several other cards over the years ;-).

knitski said...

I love it! I agree evening time in the barn tucking everyone asleep for the night is a nice feeling!

I need orange said...

Beautiful card, and agree with you on those stamps! Too many stamps?!?! What? That's not a thing, is it? :-)

Shirley said...

I love this one! Peaceful, like Christmas should be. And goes well with your current barn-photo-of-the-day theme.

Terry and Linda said...

I have loved, loved, loved all your Christmas cards. Thank you so much for doing these for us!

LannieK said...

Your painting came out just beautiful, Sara ~ As all have! This one is such a peaceful scene.
Looking forward to seeing your new paintings!

Juliana said...

I follow your blog, but not any social media, so my question may have been addressed in a different format, but I'm wondering about your other dog June. I haven't seen her in any of the photos on your blog in quite a while. I hope all is well. Two dogs of June's breed made national news with the Camp Fire disaster--happy ending story of both dogs being reunited with their human family.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Beautiful Card! :)

MarmePurl said...

Dang. I only got 14 right.

thecrazysheeplady said...

June moved to a bigger and busier farm back in the summer. Once the sheep moved indoors for most of the day when it got so hot, she needed more to do.

thecrazysheeplady said...

14 is pretty darn good for my folk art/cartoon-y painting! :-D

Lisa Smith said...

I can see why this is the favorite time of day for you... it must be such a peaceful, calm feeling to see that everyone is settled and all is right in the Punkin's Patch world.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin