https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Sunday, June 26, 2016

And Stood There Amazed

I witnessed one of the most amazing sunrises yesterday.  It had cooled down a bit over night and a nice fog rolled in.  I took a couple iPhone pictures of the horses and the early riser sheep, posted them to Instagram (which I'm actually finding quite fun!), grabbed a cup of coffee and headed out to give Bullwinkle his "cereal" (but No Baba :-o).

The sun began peaking over the hill as I hit the driveway.  Wow, that's pretty I thought.  Really pretty. Wow, I've never seen the fog look pink under those trees like that.  Wish I had my big camera.  Wonder if I can catch it at all with the phone.  Click click.  

The blazing red sun climbed higher and the beams of rose colored sunlight washed over the sheep. Yikes.  This is just stunning.  Wonder if I should run get the big camera.  Yikes!  You know if you leave, by the time you get back, this will be over.  Just watch.  Enjoy.  

When the sun hit about mid crest, everything exploded in color.  Exploded. I took a couple quick phone pics even though I knew they would in no way convey the incredibleness. I was glad I didn't have my big camera because a. I'd have missed actually seeing the sunrise by trying to take pictures and b. they, too, would not have done it justice.

Only when the sun completely broke the horizon did I allow myself to run for the Wool House for my camera.


Renny, as a not quite as early riser, missed being in the sunrise, but I think enjoyed the view.


Woody


I couldn't decide which of these I liked better.



Maisie, looking angelic in a ray of sunlight.  Or more like a tractor beam was getting ready to beam her back up ;-).


Following are my iPhone shots.






The black dots at the bottom of the "explosion" are sheep.

Amen.


21 comments:

Auntie Reg said...

Have you counted all the sheep?? I assume Bullwinkle never experienced the lamb space ship. Awesome photography

Alice said...

If I had to choose, perhaps the second of the two would be it. The sunbeam is shooting more on the sheep. In the first one, the sheep is right in between two beams.
Beautiful "good morning! Equinox Farm!!!!" captures!

Fiona said...

Mornings are grand...wonderful photos!

Michelle said...

Don't dis the iPhone; she didn't do too shabbily! ;-) Puzzle, please!!!

Anchor Cottage said...

Amen.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Here ya go! :-) http://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=09d8e0a0df7a

Crazy Lady with purple fingers said...

Amazing!! Amazing!! What a beautiful morning ! Amen is right!

Michelle said...

How beautiful! You did capture it well!

Susan said...

Beautiful shots, Maisie, beamed UP ??? Never! They don't want her......we do!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Well done! :)

Sheepmom said...

Amazing catch! Glad you lived the moment instead of running for the camera. Thanks for sharing what you did capture.

Lori Skoog said...

I'm glad you were there to catch these shots. Beautiful.

Susan (and SmokeyBlue in spirit) said...

I don't comment near often enough but definitely enjoy and look forward to your daily blog of pictures and comments. I see such love, beauty and humor. They start my day on a postiive note. Thank you.

sophy0075 said...

Glad you used your phone and didn't miss these shots by heading for your camera. Now cue Paul McCartney for a rendition of "Here Comes the Sun".

Elnini said...

Just gorgeous ! There's something about a showstopping sunrise or sunset that makes you feel like you are drinking the light into your soul :-)

Glenda said...

Thank you for giving me my morning "Ah" as I live vicariously through your blog and photos.

I need orange said...

So glad all of this presented itself for your attention. :-) Thank you for sharing it with us.

MarmePurl said...

Amen Indeed.

T.L. Merrybard said...

Love 'em all!

Terry and Linda said...

Ah...how I loved your photos! I sit here blessed to have shared with you.

Linda

Shirley said...

Wow- absolutely beautiful! I'm glad you grabbed your real camera, the iphone pics are nice but the other ones are stunning.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin