https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

It's Almost Time To Come Out And Hug Some Sheep


I love the look on Woolliam's face.


You've gotta love sweet Petunia :-).


Mobbed by the kids.


And Baba (Blossom).  See her peeking in from the back?  I love to watch how they all act and react to things.  And look how big Miss Liddy's getting!


"Um, maybe this isn't such a good idea!"


"That's better."


"Free hugs, eh?  I remember that from last year!"

Baxxter was completely taken with 20.  He kept coming back over to see him.  I wonder if he remembered when 20 had to babysit him when he was a lamb?


"I'm real sorry I was such a brat."


"That's okay.  I thought you were pretty stinkin' cute ;-)".


Isn't 20 just the best :-).


*       *        *        *        *

Don't forget National Hug a Sheep Day is October 31st this year.  It's always the last Saturday in October.  I hope you have something fun planned!

We are once again hosting a Hug a Sheep Farm Party this year.  It will be from 1:00 to 4:00 that Saturday and we'll have the usual activities - sheep to hug, sheep to feed (NOT TOO MANY) cookies, dogs to feed (NO COOKIES WEASLIE!!!), spinning and knitting, lots of interesting sheep and fiber talk and this year something extra special!

One of my favorite Kentucky Wool Festival vendors, Tonya from Flat Creek Wool and Pottery, was not able to set up at the festival this fall.  One of my other favorite festival vendors, Melanie from A Yarn Well Spun, had purchased Rebecca Boone and Daniel's fleeces this past spring and had yarn spun from both but didn't get it back from the mill in time for the festival.  

I really missed seeing both (Tonya and Melanie's yarn ;-) at the festival, so suggested they set up a "trunk show" at the farm party this year.  And you can't have a yarn party without one of my other favorite festival vendors, Hannah from ewefluffyewe, so she's coming, too :-D.  I'll share a little more on everyone in a few days.  I can't wait!

Things are pretty hectic here right now as we've started a major renovation project at the house.  I'm so glad I took those pictures with the porch flowers the other evening.  The lower porch is now gone :-/.  Don't worry (I keep telling myself).  It will all be back good as new soon (I keep telling myself). Surprisingly the major demolition in the kitchen doesn't really show that much (just kidding - my kitchen isn't that messy...usually ;-).  


15 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures! Truly warming to the heart:) I am planning a "Hug a Sheep Day at School" on Friday the 30th.....so many of my students in the inner city have never ever been in contact with a wooly sheep. Should be quite an interesting day and of course, quite educational;)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great photos...we all love 20...and all the sheeps. What fun you will have at the end of the month! A renovation project....hope you get exactly what you want! :)

Ruth said...

I love to see curious sheep! :)

I am determined not to forget about Hug A Sheep Day this year. I'll post a photo on my blog of Suckie and I having a nice hug!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Every day is a good day to hug a sheep :-D.

Jenny Glen said...

Is this Kate's first Hug a Sheep Day?

MarmePurl said...

So happy I have my Leo, Hassie, Mac and Carnie to hug everyday. but the opportunity to see Daniel Spun and enjoy fiber people... What a great thought.

Cheryl West said...

And they say that cats are curious. The sheeps seem to be pretty interested in the newcomer to the field. I wish I could be in Kentucky for the party.

Sheepmom said...

This is just TOO cute! Your sheep are so well behaved around 20 - mine would be pawing him and eating his sweater. Sure wish I was close enough to come to HASD. I'll hug a bunch of our crew instead. Hope the reno goes OK. Didn't know the porch had to come off! I adore your porch - would give my eye teeth for it - so I sure hope they can put it back on just as it is now. Well, OK, new paint maybe. ;-)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Yep! I think she'll love it ;-).

thecrazysheeplady said...

Come on! We'd love to see you :-D.

Shirley said...

Awww what a great post! I think you're right, Baaxter does remember his buddy 20.

tonya said...

looking forward to your Hug a Sheep Day! Thanks for the invite Sara!

Mary Ann said...

I just love your pictures!

Lisa Smith said...

Such wonderful photos . . . 20 is such a good sport! Baaxter was so cute when 20 was "lambsitting" him in his adorable red kerchief. Have a lovely HASD; another year goes by, but it is still close to the top of my bucket list! I will be there in spirit and will look forward to enjoying your photos of the event. Thank you for all the documenting you do, Sara. It is always very much appreciated.

Susan said...

Divine! I'm back...google decided to let me get an account...........the weasels.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin