https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Heiress

Okay sheeps, it's almost time for the 2012 Tour de Fleece. While the team won't be quite the same without Miss Ewenice this year, the tour must go on. Who thinks they can step up and take charge?

"Um, I uh, I think I would like to."

What was that?

"Me. I think I can do it. I was in the tour last year, remember? I make pretty yarn and I even like to knit."



"Why yes, Petunia, you'd be a perfect team captain!"



"Okay, I'll do my best everybody."

Presenting....



The newest queen of the Tour de Fleece.



Janbaby and I had fun putting together Petunia's head piece, but the real fun always starts when you actually put it on. Not just any sheep would tolerate a bunch of flowers tied to her head, but I knew Petunia would think it was just fine. Some of the other sheep were pretty intrigued though.



While others were more interested in the cookies we used to try to get her to look up and smile at the camera.



Way more interested.

Would you like to say a few words, Petunia?



"Mmrumph? (chew, chew, chew, swallow) It's time to get ready for the 2012 Tour de Fleece!"



"I know how to spin. Can I join the group?"

Of course you knew Princess Blossom would have to get in on the fun ;-). Interestingly, Blossom got her name because from the minute I picked her up, she loved to have her face rubbed just like Petunia.

14 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Love the headpiece, not to mention the spectacular photos. Is it hot down there?

Sheepmom said...

You've got THE most photogenic sheep! Petunia and Blossom are both so feminine with the girly flower tiara. Excellent choice for team Captain and her understudy.

Alice said...

Petunia is a true diva. Queen Elizabeth would be love to have her in her court.
Count me in for the Tour de Fleece.

Janice Grinyer said...

STOP IT !!!! STOP ITTTTT!!!!!

I live in cattle country. Petunia,you could melt the heart of any old cowhand out here with how you smile so pretty and flicker those err...eyelids..and it isnt just because theyre not just friendly, but lonely... (Blossom, you got something there that covergirl might want the secret on, your eyelashes are so long..keep it up girl, you are a contender!!!)

I am such a sucker for sheep...is that a new wool campaign?

:D

kbdoolin said...

We couldn't ask for a more lovely team captain...and her trusty mascot, the adorable Blossom will just add to the fun.

Terry said...

Petunia is a perfect choice!
I can't believe how big baby Blossom is getting.

Michelle said...

Oh dear, one of my goals this TdF is spinning up all the neck wool I kept from Brava's last shearing two years ago (working on prepping it now). Brava, one of my favorite sheep, is gone now, so I really should join this team, right? Along with the - what - six(!?!) other TdF teams I've joined....

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wonderful choice with Princess Blossom as a helper! :)

Nancy K. said...

Such appropriate royalty for the TdF! I hadn't even thought about it but perhaps I SHOULD join in...

Pam said...

That fourth picture kills me!! I can just hear them... "What the...". There is a bit of the Queen Mum in Petunia, so how perfect that she should fill the shoes of royalty. Although I'm not sure I've ever seen Elizabeth in an edible hat. Somebody give that sheep a scone!

Gayle said...

Such cute photos? I wonder if my Daisy would let me dress her up? LOL

Eleanor P said...

Long live the Queen! Petunia, you will be just marvelous!
Since I don't knit or spin, I'll be on the sidelines cheering you on. I'll be making sculptures instead. Love to all of your flock from all of my flock.
Eleanor

Sue said...

Petunia has big shoes to fill, cuz' Eunice was the perfect team leader. Blossom is going to have to help her out! Getting excited about TdF, since my shoulder is all better this year.

Anonymous said...

Petunia has big shoes to fill, but it looks like she is open to the challenge! That last picture is just the cutest EVER :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin