https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Fiber And Flowers


I was setting up a "photo shoot" and couldn't pass up a few more flower photos.  Guess who this is.


The dahlias are blooming now.


This one looking back towards the mighty purple loosestrife.




More prisoner plants.  Everything's behind bars around here.  The chickens love these poor blanket flowers. Or at least the dirt they're planted in.  Here's a fun blast from the past :-D. Those X Pens come in handy for just about anything!


16 comments:

Spinners End Farm said...

Nice halo on the wool!
Purple loosestrife as in the invasive variety?

Susan said...

That is Miss Ewenice? I should have guessed! I love dahlias - but keep them to a minimum, since up here you have to dig out the bulbs every year. What would we do without our flowers?

thecrazysheeplady said...

Well, that's a good question. It sure looks like it, but hasn't been a problem for me here yet and would a green house be selling something that was as much of a pest as everyone has warned me of? I wish I still had the tag. Sigh.

thecrazysheeplady said...

We've got to dig them up here as well. That's why there are just two ;-).

Shelley said...

Do you know the name of that dahlia? It's a beauty - perfect pink!

Kim said...

I was thinking Maisie's fleece. Beautiful blanket flower. It's our state wildflower in Oklahoma.

Valerie said...

What gorgeous wool! and your flowers are just gorgeous as always.
Blessings, Valerie

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh so much beauty here and that is the softest wool I am sure it would make a nice hat:) Hug B

Suzan said...

Lovely flowers and fiber!

Terry said...

I'm guessing Maisie.
The prisoner fence is brilliant! I wonder if that would keep our bunnies out.

Het Wolbeest said...

Lovely fiber and beautiful flowers!! Love, Alexandra

Susan said...

IT has to be Maisie......who else?
NICE spinning!!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I guess Maisie too!
Your Dahlias are beautiful! I bet Purple Loosestrife is not on a list in Kentucky. I checked I could not find it...it is called Lythrum salicaria. There are many cultivars of the plant out there that Greenhouse still sell. The plant was called summer lilac by the pioneers:)

Unknown said...

So nice the contrast between the milky white (Ms. Maisie's?!)
wool and the dahlias.��

Tombstone Livestock said...

Fleece must be either Mazie or Blossom. Wow not only do you have green, green grass but flowers too, all my floweres went by the wayside once it heated up in April.
Can't believe August is half over, the days and months on the calendar keep flying by but summer just hangs on forever.

LannieK said...

Beautiful wool and flowers!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin