https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Friday, February 14, 2014

An Olympic Update

I am standing at the top of the ski jump. Just standing there. And standing. And standing... The yarn has been finished for days now. I've done two samples, still like my stitch pattern choice, am good with my gauge, have measured a nice fitting vest...  I'm ready, but I'm just standing.  Over-thinking which jumps I want to do, how many turns in the air, (actually, I'm probably trying to learn the names of all the jumps and turns ;-).  

Anyway.  I'm not really sure what the hold up is.  I need to just get out of my head and git ta knittin'.  I guess the main hold up excuse is how I want the bottom edge to start.  Which cast on would be best?  Do I need/want a few rows of something straight and stable or will the patterning itself be enough to keep it from rolling?  Hmmm, if I cast on provisionally, I can over-think all this WHILE I'm knitting.  That's today's goal.  Just. Get. Started.

In the meantime, here are some pictures of Rebecca Boone's pretty yarn. 




A few snowflakes added for fun.


I have to say this is some of my favorite yarn I've ever spun.  It's soft and fuzzy, pretty to look at and carry around.  It's exactly what I wanted - a yarn that reflects her curly locks.


Even washed and combed out, the curls shine through.


Spun softly, but definitely not a fragile yarn.  A yarn with character, much like the sheep herself :-).


My Olympic spinning mascot.  Maybe she'll help my knitting too! 

18 comments:

Auntie Reg said...

RB definitely has gold winning yarn. Do you need to have your ear buds on for some pump up music, don't get an earworm. And you get a gold for spinning the gold winning yarn.

Andee said...

Oh the yarn looks so pretty!

Far Side of Fifty said...

very pretty fiber to work with..I am certain it will be just perfect! Ready set go! :)

Stacey said...

Gorgeous yarn! More inspiration for me. And meanwhile...I'm still waiting for my yarn to come...from Bulgaria. Sigh...

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

Beautiful. Anything you choose to do will be lovely.
kim

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I love your Olympics and that yarn is beautiful. Hug B

Alice said...

I like the yarn and the photo composition! Figure out a reward to give yourself for starting the project ( like chocolate valentine hearts) as a motivator. Once the music starts you'll be ready for some triple axels and figure eights!

Spinners End Farm said...

NICE! A silver medal would match the yarn better, but you are pure gold.

Unknown said...

This IS gorgeous yarn! And the pictures are superb -- really show the beauty of it.

Unknown said...

Mine is likely an ignorant question, but I will still pose it:-): how much different would the yarn have looked were it spun at a mill, by a machine?

Lady Locust said...

Whatever you make, I'm sure it will be gorgeous as that yarn is just gorgeous! Is it 2 ply? I'm rather envious of your bumple-free, knot-free strands.
Beautiful.

Patrice said...

Rebecca makes some pretty yarn! Our family is down with the most resilient flu I've ever had. I watch hubby trudge out through the snow to feed our flocks, and herds. How I hope his sick doesn't get worse. We are not in a farming area, so there is no help. Still, we are getting by. I cannot wait til spring!

I know what you mean about getting ready to jump. I over think everything anymore. It is ridiculous. I used to think, briefly, and DO. I got so much more done. Don't get it! ???
Stay warm and healthy!

Fiona said...

That is simply gorgeous yarn...maybe thinking of a 'yarn' about Rebecca Boone and her contribution to your farm will help you tip off the edge of that ski slope and knit your way to a medal?

Keep warm and spring is on the way

Maureen said...

So beautiful! I just love your photos.

Deb W said...

I have looked for a pretty sheep charm for my bracelet for years with no success. Good get!

Very pretty yarn. In one photo it looks like it sparkles!

Susan said...

That is gorgeous and yes, snow for sparkles!

thecrazysheeplady said...

It's a two ply.

As far as the difference between hand spun and commercially spun...commercial spun is more even and "perfect" but doesn't have any of the character of handspun. Also, you can't get an individual fleece mill spun very easily so you wouldn't be able to say "this is Rebecca Boone" :-).

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

Drool-worthy yarn. Just stunning!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin