https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Friday, October 26, 2012

Hug 'Em Or Shoot 'Em

Bring out your wool!  The forecast for the party? Um, not so great. After a week of Indian Summer and highs in the 80's, we are looking forward to mid 50's and rain just in time for our farm party tomorrow.  Not to fear though, sheep hate rain and like to snuggle down in the cozy barn during bad weather so they'll still be nice and dry and ready for some hugs :-).

One of my best buds Amy came in last night and this morning we went out to shoot some sheep.  Overcast skies make for nice light and working in the barn is always a great learning experience.  Feel free to bring your cameras and join in!  Some of the least huggable sheep are the most photogenic ;-).


"Just shoot me please.  I only like my momma to hug me."  Blossom


"Did you get some nice pictures?  Make sure my hair looks good!"  Rebecca Boone


"You can hug me all you want, but I'll also be happy to show you my good side...and steal your camera."  The one and only Graham Lamb


The cool hair boys.  Definitely huggable.  Keebler and Wooliam


Sweet Marcel.  Definitely huggable.


"Just pictures please.  Well, maybe a couple hugs."  Ewen McTeagle


"The barn is nice and toasty...and perfect for an afternoon nap."  Petunia


"But in between raindrops, we'll probably wander out for some grass."

"No!  Say cookies!  We'll wander out for cookies!"

"We eat cookies in the barn, silly.  We eat grass outside."

"They don't have to know that.  We can eat cookies both places!"

"Good point."

So, we'll just make the best of it.  There will be plenty of hot cider and coffee and I'm sure, no shortage of wool.  Come on out between 1:00 and 4:00 on Saturday and enjoy visiting with some of your favorite sheep. If you need directions, email thecrazysheeplady AT gmail DOT com.

20 comments:

MarmePurl said...

Please pass a hug on to each on my behalf.
LOVE your sheep!

Mary said...

Oh i would love to be there, and would do both.. hug and shoot! Except Blossom, of course. I'm considerate and loving, after all! But i'd sure WANT to hug her. Alas, i live in OR, so can't be there. But i can pretty much guarantee it'll be raining here too! :)

Lori Skoog said...

Great coverage from Today.com. You are famous! I'm sure you and your flock will make the most of that weather change...with hugs all around.
Can't wait to see the next batch of pictures.

Maureen said...

Oh how I wish I could be there. I don't mind the rain... it's better than the snow falling here today ;)

Have a wonderful day! Sending digi-hugs.... Maureen

Susan said...

If I came, I would never leave, so count yourself lucky I won't be there :-) I plan on joining in on my own hacienda, though. Any opportunity to hug sheep is okay in my book.

Deb W said...

Oh mu gosh!! Today.com!! Who will be more excited about hitting the big time? Keebs or Graham?

Michelle said...

Oh my! Methinks your blog following will skyrocket from this!

And Mary, I'm in Oregon with sheep to hug if you really need a fix. :-)

Marcy said...

Great article at Today.com! Wish I could be with you to meet and hug your sheep.

Suzan said...

Bloosom has gotten to be a big young lady!!
If I was in your neck of the woods, I would be there with my camera charged up and ready!!
Have fun!! Rain or Shine!

small farm girl said...

I'll be there!!!!!!! If ya need any help just yell.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I would love to shoot a sheep and hug a few too! Now you will be famous!! With the National News talking about you! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Terry said...

Congratulations on the article at Today.com. Very cool.

The photos are beautiful - so full of character. I'm sending Blossom and Jester (my favs) and all the flock a (((hug))).

Alice said...

Heartwarming photo choices for Today.com.
Todays photos are calendar/ card worthy and great for memories of the love they share.

Tombstone Livestock said...

Congratulations on being a famous TV celeb now. Sorry I missed it, had a full day today picking up fleeces and new herd of goats. Will be hugging my sheep tomorrow and maybe a goat or two.

CathyD. said...

My heart and my head will be there with you and Keebs and Buddy and Hank, but my body is stuck here. Hope everyone has a great day. Sheep always make me smile, rain or shine.
Today.com, way cool. ;-).

MarveLes Art Studios said...

shoot em and hug em. perfect! Love your pics. would like to sketch them sometime with your permission?

Jan baby said...

You're becoming quite the celebrity . . . first KY life and now national recognition with Today.com.! And Reg is famous too! Hope there's hugs left for me. Virtual hug to you too, SIL.

Leanne Coppola said...

I LOVE your sheep photos!!!!!! Wish I could hang in your barn with them.

Ed said...

Fantastic shots, give the kids a hug for me and lots of Nilla Waffers..:-)

LunabudKnits said...

So sorry I will be missing your event! Hope it goes over well!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin