https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Friday, August 28, 2009

The Black Stallion And Flame

You may have noticed the two horses in the background yesterday. Handy and Gato. They appeared to be calmly watching with interest as the sheep parade through, but mostly they were engaged in an epic battle of what I call "face fighting". That would be where you are pretty much too lazy to run around and therefore stand next to each other, do some trash talking and try to bite each others noses.



Of course it always helps if you have an audience.



"Hey, she's got her camera. Let's show her how tough we really are!"



"See, I'll reach up and punch you right in the mouth..."



"Yeah? Well, I'll rear up and come at you like a spider monkey!"



"Well my spins look better because I have a beautiful tail!"



"Yeah? Well, the black stallion doesn't need a fancy tail..."



"...to smack you right in the mouth with it!"

See? This is what I have to live with. (A favorite Dunham quote courtesy of City Boy and Janbaby, who should really come down for labor day weekend! ;-)

16 comments:

Alice said...

Thanks for providing a picture definition of "horse play". ... as long as they don't do it in the house! Handy may be old but he can be as spry as that young whippersnapper Gato when he wants to! A great capture!

Tammy said...

I loved this post! Too funny. I'd forgotten how much horses are always goofing around like that. Plus I loved the Black Stallion and Flame. :-)
Tammy

Nancy K. said...

I tell you what: from these photos, one would never guess that Handy is an older horse. He looks great!

I read ALL of the Black Stallion books when I was a young girl...

WildBlack said...

That was funny! :) Is that your 'Black Beauty'??

DayPhoto said...

You capture animals perfectly!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Christine said...

We are surrounded by big, beautiful horse farms. I love to watch them. They're such majestic animals.

Anonymous said...

Well, it looks like a regular day at the office for me. I get cault in stuff like that and I see it going on around me. But it is people.

Thanks, Leah.

lisa said...

They are so cool to watch when they are playing!

Eleanor P said...

I wonder how many "Black Stallion" fans are really out there! I was just chatting with a friend about the Black.

My sheep usually place bets when the horses at my house are face fighting.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures....I love fog in pictures! I love the conversation the horses are having....gosh, I always wonder my animals are thinking about me.......:)

Lori Skoog said...

You have such a beautiful place! Our horses do the same thing. It's the dance.

And I too, read every Black Stallion books. I've see the movies many many times with my grandchildren.

Bee Magic Chronicles for Kids said...

You make the photos much more interesting with your narrative. You're a great photographer.

Ebie said...

Beautiful post and funny too! I love the "horse talk" scene!

Lois said...

Great photos and I love the dialogue! We call it mouth wrestling ;-)

Ed said...

Too cool! LOVE the sheep in the fog pic..:-)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! Great pics. I always enjoy watching how horses interact with each other. I wonder why I only have one then? Hmmm...maybe gotta work on that.

~Lisa

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin