https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Bringing In The Lambs...The Other Side


I love the action of this picture.  And I like how the sky adds some excitement or action as well. This is the oldest group of lambs at The Training Center and they are headed for their night paddock near the house.


I like the action of this shot, too.  Both tell a story, or if you look closely there are several stories, but this one, even though just seconds later, has a completely different look and feel.  I love the two Border Collies working together, the flock dogs, the cheeky lamb on the left...

The first picture was the puzzle shot...in case you weren't playing along :-).


14 comments:

I need orange said...

THank you for sharing all of this with us. I did the puzzle last night (only in 24 pieces! :-) ).

sophy0075 said...

"Bringing in the lambs" sounds like more fun than "bringing in the sheaves." Perhaps the hymn could be rewritten thusly for Easter.

Both photos are lovely, but the first is prettier (to my inexpert eye) and the second more amusing. It's not just Cheeky Lamb, but two of his/her chums are Cheeky Wannabees - one's standing on the path, watching and wondering about what the border Collie will do with Cheeky, and another, at Path Lamb's left, is more shyly watching. Every elementary school teacher has had a threesome in her classes like these.

Shirley said...

Classic pictures!

Unknown said...

I love your photos. And I do every puzzle, even if it keeps me up too late. I love living vicariously through you! I dabble in genealogy and I recently found an inventory of my 5-great grandfathers estate when he died. I knew my ancestors were farmers in upstate New York. But I just found out that they were sheep farmers. Evidently this fascination with knitting and sheep and wool is in my blood. Genetic. Too bad my husband doesn't share in this at all! Thank you again for your blog and puzzles and wonderful stories of all your critters. I didn't notice the cheeky lamb on the left until you pointed it out! What a cutie.

thecrazysheeplady said...

I am so glad you pointed that out! Too cute and love the elementary school teacher perspective :-D.

thecrazysheeplady said...

I've had nights like that, too :-D.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Hope you noticed sophy's addition to the story. Glad you enjoy the blog and puzzles :-).

Alice said...

The first capture has so much drama! It looks like the heavens were set to match the action on earth below. Love to watch their comings and goings!

Lori Skoog said...

Great shots Sara. I especially LOVE the first one! How goes it? We might hit 70 today and 77 tomorrow, which means it must be getting pretty warm at your place.

Linda said...

Love it!

sophy0075 said...

Middle schoolers do it too. Ask me how I know...

Marsha said...

I absolutely love that first photot. I think you should enter it somewhere. I like seeing the shepherd and dog at the very back. I saved the image just so I can look at it often. It is a calendar pic for sure.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Both pretty shots! :)

Ruth said...

That sky is so dramatic - wow! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin