https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Saturday, February 20, 2016

The Breakfast Club

Some shots from the other day. Today is sunny and way too hot for February. Ugh.  I know I'm in the minority, but I sure hope winter is not over.


The breakfast greeters.  Left to right - Allie, Liddy, Daniel, Woody


Andy tries hard to be a clever and excited gate climber, but the boy has No Skills.  You can see that Woody has walked away and around the corner to show him how it's really done.  


"Quit taking pictures and just put the food out.  And not that blecky orchard grass.  We want some of that first hay."

We'd all like some more of that first hay, Maisie.  Luckily we have had a mild winter and hay that we couldn't find anywhere last fall is popping up in ads all over the place. Hopefully they won't have to eat the two year old orchard grass much longer.  I am obviously not feeding any more of the "bad" hay.


The old (safe) orchard grass is so unpopular that about a third of the flock has decided to go forage elsewhere.  It's not that bad.  If I'd fed it first this winter they'd have eaten it much better.  It's sort of like eating homemade sweet rolls for a couple months and then having to switch to plain shredded wheat.   

I doubt we'll have to worry about it too much longer.  I think spring is right around the corner....sadly (ducking and running ;-).


11 comments:

Linda said...

It's been a mild winter here but the blast we had yesterday made me want spring again...the older I get the less I like the cold and trapping through heavy snow. My girls are far less picky on a day like today.

Anonymous said...

Too warm here in northeast Oklahoma also. Makes one fearful for the summer. I've had windows open day/night for the last 3 days. February????? If this were summer temps I would love it. (I am enjoying it, but wonder/worry) Helen

Susan said...

Agree with all of the above, 32 this AM, rain tonight then sun all week (they say) but in the 40's.

Ruth said...

*Throws wool at you* Spring! I like winter going into it, but by now I'm ready for a change. I hope your winter lasts longer, just for you. :)

Judy said...

Thanks for sharing the great photos! I'm so with you, I want the cold weather to continue, but it's been unseasonably warm here too. At least if the snow has to melt, there's gardening to look forward to :-)

LannieK said...

♡ The Breakfast Club ♡
(After a week of 60° here in the forest at 7500', not good, we are expecting snow Mon evening into Tues morn - yea! The 2' of snow we rec'd the 1st is nearly melted. But there's a wildfire burning on Ft Carson ~ sure hope that's not a sign of summer)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Have you found out what in the other hay caused them all to get sick? I bet they think you are real mean giving them orchard grass...pooooor sheeps:)

sophy0075 said...

We walked around in shorts and tees today, in Savannah. I just hope we don't have an unexpected plummet after everythinh breaks dormancy. The crape myrtles won't like it. Our azaleas have already started blooming.

Michelle said...

Hey, I wouldn't mind a few more snow days here in KY :)

Shirley said...

I was wondering about you "bad" hay too. What are you going to do with it? I guess if you can't feed it to sheep, would it be safe for cattle?

T.L. Merrybard said...

I'm with you! Winter rules! (Mind you, winter here is hardly the frigid experience it is in some places. :) )

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin