Today starts the 2026 Bluegrass Yarn and Fiber Crawl. Of the ten days of the tour, our farm stop is scheduled to be open on both Saturdays from 11:00 to 4:00 and also Wednesday afternoon/evening from 4:00 - 8:00. I am happy to schedule other times as well, but please email first as this is a working farm, so who knows what's going on each day.
My focus for this year's crawl is education. There are shopping opportunities here for sure, but I enjoy teaching and encouraging more than selling, so if Auntie Reg (the boss) isn't here, let's go out to the barn or sit on the Wool House porch and have a good time talking sheep and wool and fiber arts and teach each other some fun new things.
I know most readers of this blog are not local or not in a position to travel out here so I thought it might be fun to post some random tips each day that anyone might find helpful...or at least interesting even if you aren't a fiber or sheep person. The tips will mostly be geared towards folks just starting out, but you never know everything :-).
Today's random tip is about angle of twist. If you are having trouble with either over spinning or under spinning your yarn, use a color of wool that isn't a solid color. Let's zoom in.









No comments:
Post a Comment