https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

The 2020 Tour de Fleece


The 2020 Tour de Fleece starts this Saturday.  I've had my plan set for months...but I'm not ready.  It's been a rough year.  It's been a rough week.  I'm going to need some cheerleaders to keep me in the race.  To get me to the starting line.

Obviously Early would have lead the team...so Cheeto and B. Willard have stepped in.  They are wearing hand knit wool crowns that were gifted to me and Auntie Reg.  We had planned to wear them at the spring fiber festival...but Cheeto and B. Willard have stepped in.

For anyone not familiar with the Tour de Fleece, it is a spinning challenge that usually follows the Tour de France, but this year the actual bike race has been rescheduled to a later date I believe.  

Here are the specs from the main Tour de Fleece group on Ravelry

Challenge Yourself.
Spin.
Have fun.
This year, the Tour de Fleece starts on Saturday June 27 and runs until Sunday July 19, 2020.
Guidelines (NOT RULES):
Spin every day the Tour rides, if
possible. Saturday June 27 through
Sunday July 19th. Days of rest:
Monday, July 6th and Monday, July
13th. (Just like the actual tour.)
Spin something challenging on the challenge days (usually the toughest high mountain stage: this year, the first one is Stage 9, on Sunday July 5, when the mountainous program of the day starts with the discovery of the Col de la Hourcère which will immediately precede the climb to the Col de Soudet. For the seventh time since the beginning of the Tour, the riders will ride at an altitude of over 1,500m. They will then battle it out on the extremely steep climb up to the Col de Marie Blanque before heading back down to Laruns. The second is stage 18, on Thursday, July 15th, when the course of the day is made for the most enduring climbers. Indeed over 4,000m of climbing will be on the menu. In the following order, the peloton will lead up to the Cormet de Roselend, then the Col des Saisies followed by Les Aravis and finally the Plateau des Glières, a key location of the French Resistance, before continuing towards La Roche-sur-Foron.
Wear yellow on Sunday July 19th to announce victory. Why not wear yellow on any day you feel particularly successful? (Yellow is the color of the race leader in the Tour - but here we are all ‘race leaders’) Other colors if desired: Green (sprinter - think FAST), Polka-dot (climber - as in uphill), and white (rookie).

You do not have to be a member of Ravelry to spin with the Punkin's Patch team.  That's where most of the daily fun happens, but feel free to spin on your own and challenge yourself.  Drop me an email or leave a comment if you'd like to keep us posted :-).

I'll try to get some fleece pictures tomorrow later today and outline my goal, but for now I'm headed to bed.  How did it get to be Wednesday already?!?


10 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You can do it! I am still sorting and drying...maybe someday:) Love those crowns! :)

Shelley said...

Brave girl!!! You can do it!

Terry and Linda said...

Keep on Keep'n on, Sara! We are right here cheering you on!

sophy0075 said...

I'm in another team this year (I don't think one can be in two teams?) but I will be watching you and cheering you on.

Remember. You have a bunch of great sheep. All with (ahem) interesting personalities.
You have two beautiful horses.
You have some great dogs and cats.
You have a wonderful aunt.
You have a saint for a husband.
You have a coterie of chicks, who enjoy a very cool wire RV.
You live on an amazing farm that grows four-leaf clovers like the underside of my bed grows dust bunnies.
You have a flock of friends who love you.

Linda said...

I am so not feeling Tour2020. But if you need cheerleaders I will dust off my wheel, haul it into the living room and spin with you. Since I wasn't feeling it, I have no plan. Since I have a SABLE of a Fiber Stash I will just spin some.
So, like the guidelines say, Spin everyday they ride. 5 minutes, 10 minutes, an hour. Whatever you can manage. Porch picture du jour spinning. Sunset cocktail spinning. I'll be there too, maybe we will both get our mojo back.

Sandy said...

If you're not enthused about the Tour de Fleece this year (for very valid reasons), perhaps you could be the collective cheerleader for the group, keeping everyone motivated, focused and moving forward. I believe that would make you the musher!! 😁

I have tried, tried and tried again to master spinning....heck, I'd be happy to create a piece of yarn longer than 6" without knots, tangles or breaks. My eye, hand, foot coordination is apparently not up to snuff. If I had to choose a color to wear it would be white polka-dots....a rookie climbing uphill the whole way!

sophy0075 said...

Oh! I read the TdF rules (yeah, when all else fails, read the instructions. Whatever). I can be on two teams- not that I’m going to set any records (unless there’s a Red Lantern for spinning?) Well, I have fiber and wheels. And tea.

momto1 said...

We’re here for you! I don’t spin, and most would not call what I do with wool and needles “knitting”, but I love your sheepies, and I love to see what you do with their beautiful locks, so consider me a fan. You spin, and I’ll quilt every day along with you.

Karen at longwell said...

I have never done the Tour but feel compelled to support you after the sideways year you have had! So I am in! I'll get the latest roving purchases lined up, treadling shoes dusted off and lots of water at the ready...go Sarah!

thecrazysheeplady said...

You all are the best :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin