https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Yarn Along - The Photo Shoot

I was concerned that the Maisie sweater was going to be too bulky, too tight, too hot, too stiff seamed. That I'd wear it and ladders would crash down on me, I'd trip and fall into the creek, Hickory would step on my foot...  Nope, it's perfect and I love it!  It's very comfortable and cozy and everything I hoped it would be.  Sorta like Maisie ;-).

The Official Photo Shoot went off about as expected.  It was a brisk, cool morning (perfect sweater weather), the sun was shining and I had a full box of Cheerios.  We lucked out and Saint Tim and I were able to sneak out there without anyone else noticing anything other than all the green grass.


Maisie and Hank, sharing some Cheerios.  How did I not think to include him on my "We Made It" ravatar?


So sweet.


And then, as all photo shoots with Maisie, it rapidly deteriorated into a punch fest.  Ain't she just a peach ;-D.


Ripped the box to shreds!  At that point Kate decided things were getting too out of control so she gathered everyone up and sent them all back to the barn.


Heading out for Round Two.


Which rapidly deteriorated (yes, a trend...) into a mob scene...


...with me running to safety, tossing the remains of the Cheerio box over the nearby fence.


And sneaking back with just a few Cheerios left in the bag, the rest having been scattered for distraction ;-).


Now to try for a close up, posed momma-daughter picture...


"Help!  Help!  I'm being repressed!" **



"You could repress me!"  Sweet Murphy


And away she goes...again.  And while it looks in the picture like she's just casually walking away, in reality it was a duck her head down and bolt, sending me flying move!  Remember when she was happiest sleeping in my lap?  Yeah, I'm not remembering that very well either haha ;-). 

Joining in with Ginny.  Oh, and the book I listened to to finish up the sweater was All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.  Fabulous!






39 comments:

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

It looks lovely! Of my sheep, I have one (called Lamby!) who was raised on the bottle and is so pushy about always being near me, she will knock me over to get closer than the other sheep! So I just love these photos!

Unknown said...

I love the Maisie sweater! It turned out perfect. And the Maisie photo shoot? Priceless.

Iris said...

Fantastic sweater, and I love the photoshoot! :)

Amanda said...

Your sheep are the rotten-est group I've ever seen! They crack me up! I've got that book on my to-read list. Glad you recommend it!

Jan baby said...

"I'm being repressed!" hahahahaha too funny. Oh yea, the sweater is beauuuutiful!!!!!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Yes. They. Are. And they crack me up every day too :-D

amyfibre said...

Great action shots of the sweater...and your hoodlums too. Thanks for the giggles this morning. (Have you read Last Night in Montreal? Another good one.)

Vermont Grand View Farm said...

Absolutely lovely!!

Marcy said...

Kind of like mothers and daughters everywhere! Great pictures. The sweater turned out perfectly. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa W said...

"... close up, posed momma-daughter picture" Giggles. Great photos and love the sweater. Coincidentally, I'm listening to 'All the Light We Cannot See' now. It's wonderful.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Love the sweater! It is beautiful as for the photo shoot I really enjoyed it and we get to see the sweater in all poses! :)

Alice said...

Loved the video!!! You have a good memory! The sweater is a perfect fit and style . What a wonderful memento of this very special sheep!

Tracey ~ Clover said...

It's a beautiful sweater and I'm glad you are getting to wear it.. We are past sweater weather here until October or November.
So sheep like Cheerios? Interesting ;)

Crazy Lady with purple fingers said...

Love the sweater and the pictures are priceless!! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh my good golly gosh! Love love love the photos! I have a Great Pyrenees named Oslo, my sweet gentle giant. This mama is missing her boy terribly, because I'm out of town. Argh!!! And he, along with my other boy, Bear, ignore me on Skype. :-/ Sigh... Anyhow... Beautiful sweater!!!

Unknown said...

http://ourpottersclay.blogspot.com/2015/02/windstorm.html
This links to a funny picture of Oslo after a major windstorm we had. His head is sporting the wild eyed windblown look. Love my boy!

thecrazysheeplady said...

That IS quite a 'do! I don't have a Google Plus account and couldn't leave the comment on your blog. Hope you check back here :-).

Susan said...

Why do we always love the prickly characters so much? It was definitely a love-in - and I LOVE that sweater!

Unknown said...

I'm not sure how to fix the comment section. I should have my hubby check it out. Thank the dear Lord in heaven he is tech smart. :-D

Jo said...

Oh What a beautiful photo shoot. Maisie is still my fave lamby but all of your others are precious too. What are Cheerios? Are they meant as sheep treats?

Tombstone Livestock said...

Good job on the sweater, glad you got it finished.

Alina said...

This is so sweet! I liked seeing a sweater in real action!

Susan said...

OH ye of little Faith! sweater is perfect!!! However, re your 'mob' scene I laughed so hard the dog came over to see what was what!

MarmePurl said...

Beautiful. The land, the sheep, the sweater and the Lady.

Lisa Smith said...

After all of the loving work you put into it, it's wonderful that the Maisie sweater turned out to be everything you were hoping it would be! It looks lovely on you, and the sleeve detail shows up beautifully in the pictures.

Sofia Amaral M. said...

:)

Sandra said...

Lovely Sweater!!

Anonymous said...

What fabulous pictures! I think the mob scene is my favourite. The jumper looks great too :)

LannieK said...

Oh my! ~LOL~ WHAT a photo shoot! Love the mob scene :-) What a loveable, crazy group - Your sweater came out just beautiful! Looks great and the sleeves are amazing! That Maisie girl!

Sheepmom said...

That sweater is perfect! Insisting to yourself on getting all the parts "right" had a much better payoff than hurrying to finish just to say you made a deadline. You'll wear that sweater forever. Photoshoot is great - also hilarious. Turned out pretty much as anticipated - all fun and games until the shin kicking and getting knocked down starts. haha LOVE the Monty Python reference!

Terry and Linda said...

Looks like the wind was blowing a tad. I love these photos...wish I were there!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com
https://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/sherlock-boomer

Anonymous said...

Ahahaha! That Maisie! :) And the Monty Python...well, I'll be giggling about that all day! Your sweater is just so beautiful. It looks cozy and the fit is perfect. Yay! I'm keeping this pattern in my Ravelry favorites for sure. *hugs* :)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Treats, bribes, pay offs... ;-D

thecrazysheeplady said...

Probably could have just as easily gone with "We'll not risk another frontal assault..." haha

thecrazysheeplady said...

I didn't say much about the pattern and I really should have. I loved it and would totally recommend it to anyone. Good design and good things to learn with it :-).

I need orange said...

"Farcical aquatic ceremony" ------------------ :-) :-) :-) One of my most favoritest Money Python bits..................

And -- the sweater is perfect. :-)

Marsha said...

Love the Maisie sweater. Looks comfy cozy and fits just right. Reminds me of the fisherman knit sweater we all had to have in high school.

Lucy Bowen said...

Wonderful photo shoot and the sweater held up brilliantly!!

Sara Kristoffersen said...

I've never considered wearing a sun hat while knitting outside, but it sounds like the perfect way to stay cool and protected from the sun. Thanks for sharing this great advice!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin