https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Resilient Renny

At the risk of getting over-confident and jinxing things, I am reluctant, but happy to say Renny is doing really, really well. Yesterday I watched her actually starting to use her bad leg a little. The same leg I assumed (which I'm learning never to do with Renny) she'd never be able to put any weight on again.



She almost always keeps a piece of hay hanging out of her mouth. Very silly...and cute.



My friend Stephanie came out yesterday to bring me a drum carder to try (more on that tomorrow :-) and to meet the sheep.



She'd missed Hug A Sheep Day. Of course Miss Ewenice was happy to re-visit her new favorite holiday.



I hadn't noticed Weaslie underfoot. Apparently having company means not having to follow normal, never questioned rules like Stay Out of the Sheep Paddocks. Renny was curious and calm. I decided to let Weaslie stay.



You can see the wheels turning. She watches Ewenice (and most of the other sheep) interact with us and I think after all the doctoring is over, she'll happily become a friendly, ear scratching, cookie eating sheep.



In the meantime, she's happy to have Ewenice as her bodyguard.

16 comments:

Misfit in Paradise said...

It's a nice photo with all the critters together.

Lori Skoog said...

What a crew! So glad to hear that Renny is making a comeback! Thank you Sara!

Jody said...

That brings me alot of happiness hearing good news about Rennie. That picture says it all I think. She has a sparkle in her eye :-)

Snohomish Shepherdess said...

You seem to prove almost daily that every day is hug a sheep day! Thanks for all the great sheep photos!

Camp said...

I think Renny may be from Alabama? That hay...sorta like the toothpick thing a good ole bama boy would do...ahahahaha.

so glad she is getting better..and smarter..watch out for that weaslie character..and WHERE is my sweet Iris???????????

Nancy K. said...

I am amazed by the calm, trusting look on Renny's face. She obviously feels safe. What a Godsend you are for that beautiful ewe...

Tiggeriffic said...

Renny is so beautiful.. I love the color of his wool...He is surviving because of all the love he receives from you and Eunice. I get so excited when I see you have posted pictures and told us what is going on in your Punkin patch.
ta ta for now from Iowa...
Am making another hat...my sister should get hers on Monday.. You'll probably hear her screaming with Joy~! she is going to be so excited~!

Alice said...

Renny is a reminder to us to "quitcherbellyachin'" about the little discomforts of life. She hobbles around without a complaint. I'd probably be resting in the hay. You and Ewenice have done a great job caring for this little rescue lamb ;-)

flowerweaver said...

Very heartwarming to see Renny so trusting! Love and nurturing cures almost every ill.

melanie said...

LOVE hearing/seeing Renny news...it has become my favorite part of blog perusing...

Can see from the photos her back leg was badly damaged...what have you and the vet done to the tissue as well as mentally and nutritionally to help? Not trying to drag up any bad memories, but just wanting to learn more...in case (God forbid) I ever need to call on such information...

Thank you for being such a good Crazy Sheep Lady!

Pam said...

Has Renny discovered cookies yet? Not that she needs to be any sweeter....

Gayle said...

That is so awesome that she can put weight on her leg. Go Renny Go!!

Shirley said...

Renny has a pretty face, I laughed about the hay in her mouth; my dog Reba always grabs something in her mouth when she is working; usually some grass or whatever happens to be on the ground in front of her when her brain kicks into work mode.

DayPhoto said...

She is a very lovely sheep. I am VERY glad she is doing better and better! YEAH!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Junelle Jacobsen said...

Isn't she the sweetest thing. Our old chocolate ewe still hasn't been found and she reminds me so much of Renny.

I love how fearful she is of the other creatures at the fence, it is like the other day when all the rams in the holding pen stood silently in fear as two kittens came out from the grain. I burst out laughing~

Such silly sheeplets...

Junelle Jacobsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin