https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Hug A Sheep Day

Here are a few of my favorite pictures. We had a great day. National Hug A Sheep Day has definitely earned a permanent spot on the calendar! It was nice to see so many happy faces.



Smilin' Shermie



B. Willard B. Mine



Okay, but only because you made me a cute pumpkin.



Still taking great care.





...then they got the glue gun out and they put elastic behind my butt and Keebler keeps laughing at my hat...







Our littlest punkin. Note Hank keeping a watchful eye on his buddies.






Yeah, I think I kinda remember you holding me as a baby.



Kids with cookies. Graham's new best friends.



Adults with cookies...just as popular ;-).



Miss Ewenice got some cookies too.



Boudreaux the Biter...doing what he does best (click to biggify).



And after much of the festivities quieted down, I snuck over and gave Crazy Esther a hug.

More tomorrow!

16 comments:

flowerweaver said...

Too cute...wish I could have beamed myself over for some huggin'!

Gayle said...

I cannot believe how affection your sheep are. Is it the breed? Or did you just love 'em to death when they were tiny? I wish my Daisy was so loving.

Deb W said...

Yeah, Boudreaux (and the other guys too) knew I had almost a whole bag of cookies in that pocket! Amazing the difference in the sheep from last year's open house. Most of them were scared to death then. Not so this year! We learned....they can be bought. (will snuggle for food)

Mistene Vickers said...

Had a great time! Your farm is beautiful. Definitely need to make this a yearly thing. The sheep were all very sweet and I also loved meeting the dogs. Thanks!

Pam said...

What a fun day! Thanks for having us all. Sara, thanks to you as well. :-)

Verde Farm said...

What a great day you all had. I am amazed at all the hugging that went on. Wonderful photos and beautiful sheep. Thanks for all you did to make this day so special for so many!!
Amy

Eleanor P said...

I wish I could have been there too. I came home late this afternoon and hugged some of my sheep--not enough daylight to hug them all!!!!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love each photo! Sheep hugs are so heartwarming! Thank you for sharing!

small farm girl said...

Oh! That looked like so much fun!

Michelle said...

My very favorite from this bunch of great photos is the first; "happy sheep come from happy shepherdesses!" (you :-)

Nancy K. said...

What GREAT photos, Sara! We had a fun Open House but didn't get any hugging pictures! Got a couple of sheepie KISSES, but no hugs... The ladies (human) were all too busy spinning!

NEXT YEAR, things are gonna be different!

;-)

Alice said...

What great Kodak moments you captured! Punkin would be proud of the celebration of his life. It was fun to be there even for us latecomers ;-) Thanks for hosting this marvelous idea!

DayPhoto said...

And the sheep had the most delightful smiles!!!!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Lori Skoog said...

What a fabulous day. Glad you got a picture of yourself in there. You can give hugs to as many sheep as possible any day (for me)...I sure would be doing it if I was there.

Ed said...

AWWWW, I'm glad it went well. Count me in next year and give Mia a good scratch for me..:-)

Peacecat said...

Shermie is magnificent!!! Beautiful photos. Someday I'd love to come hug a sheep or two or three or...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin