https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

A Picture Of My Cat

Back in the early days of blogging when we were told it was Really Important to make sure you were posting every day, the rule was "If you don't have anything new to post, post a picture of your cat."  I still wish I could post Every Day, but I just can't seem to pull it together anymore.  However, I do have a picture of my cat and something new to share about it!

Last night Possum came into the living room with us while we were watching tv and jumped up on the back of the couch for a few minutes :-o.  She didn't stay long and she was obviously a bit nervous about it, but what a big step for her!  

Speaking of cats and things I can't believe have never made it to the blog, I never shared the story of Archie falling out of the barn a couple three weeks ago.


He fell from inside the barn, out the soffit from the height marked, bounced off the two lower roofs and hit the ground.  I think he must have gotten his leg hung up as he fell from inside the barn to the outside.  The neighbors heard him hit the two metal roofs (the one shown and the lower roof on the new add on).

I'd seen him up in the rafters and heard him crying about not being able to get down when he heard me filling Possum's food bowl, but before I could do anything to help him...out and down he fell.  

I'd initially thought he might be up there going after a stray cat because of the squalling (that the neighbor also heard) as he disappeared over the side wall.  As I rushed around the side of the barn to see and found him crumpled on the ground and no other cat in sight and with a good scrape on one of his back legs I pieced together the leg hanging up as he started to fall.

We initially thought he may have broken or dislocated his hip and possibly had a concussion, but it was late on a Friday night so there was no local emergency vet service available.  We kept an eye on him for several hours and he appeared basically okay so decided to hold out until morning.  


By morning he was walking around, albeit a bit gingerly, and eating and drinking and using the litter box so we continued to just watch him.


And by afternoon he was already back considering another trip up into the loft.  

There is a funny IG reel about all orange cats having a complex network of cells to share one collective brain cell between them all, allowing then each just enough intelligence to keep them alive.  

I'm afraid to think of how many lives he's used up.  Just the number of ones we know of is frightening.


4 comments:

Shirley said...

Attagirl Possum!Next thing ya know she will be telling you which channels she wants to watch!
Oh Archie....

Terry and Linda said...

Good Girl Possum! When he posted Archie fell (a while back) My heart was in my throat. I'm so glad he is back to his old Red-Headed Self!

Anonymous said...

Good job possum! You are coming close to that special, warm, comfy place called a lap. Once you get there, you won’t want to leave! I have seen the orange cat reels! It fits. Maybe that’s what makes an orange cat so lovable. Brenda

Far Side of Fifty said...

Some cats have way more lives than nine! Archie must be one of them...The Grandboys Orange and white cat had about 20 lives:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin