https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/https://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/about.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/hug-sheep-day.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/farm-shop.htmlhttps://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/punkin_11.htmlhttp://myfavoritesheep.blogspot.com/p/equinox-farm.html

Friday, January 14, 2022

Said No Sheep Ever


This has always been one of my very favorite Far Side cartoons and I couldn't help thinking about it when Amos arrived here yesterday.


This is Amos.  He's an eight year old border collie and he's here to help me with farm work and be my new best friend, as only a border collie can.  Hopefully he can settle Bea down a bit as well, but as they say, "There are some messes no one should have to clean up." ;-)

Amos is 20's cousin from Georgia.  His dad, Camp, was one of my all time favorite border collies and I feel so fortunate to get the opportunity to have him here on our farm.  He's very too patient with obnoxious puppy Bea and has met the chickens and Archie.  Possum is still laying low, but I think he'll be fine with her as well.

The sheep aren't thrilled with him being here, but the next time I leave a gate open and they end up in the yard sassing me about going back where they should, I'm looking forward to having some back up who'll be more than happy to tell them "when to eat and where to stand" ;-).



22 comments:

Michelle said...

Welcome, Amos! You're sure a handsome dude, and have your work cut out for you. Spoiled sheep, bossy cats, obnoxious puppy, rampant chickens, two big horses – and those humans! ;-)

KatieB said...

A nearly full house again!
They look like a fine crew.
I'm very happy for you!

Susan E said...

Wow- so many changes going on. I hope Amos fits in well. Looks like he's well on his way. Congrats!

janejmtl said...

Such exciting news! Welcome, Amos! And I’m very happy for you, Sara. Puppies and kittens are wonderful, of course, but it will be great having another grownup around to help keep them in line.

Marcy said...

Welcome Amos! So many new friends on the farm. It’s exciting to read about.

ineedorange said...

Welcome, Amos! You're going to find you've landed in an EXCELLENT place! (And do help moderate the puppy, please. :-) )

Laura L. said...

Yay for you and glad to meet you Amos.

I need to get going on the same kind of thing, but my heart's not in the right place yet.

Linda said...

Congrats Sara. Welcome Amos! Teach that Corgi some manners and Possum will be your friend forever :D

Leslie said...

So glad the farm is filling up with critters other than sheep. Welcome, Amos!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Amos you are so lucky! xoxoxo

Shirley said...

Welcome Amos!
I hope Possum loves him as much as she loved Kate.
And that he wll be a good role model for Bea!

Delrene said...

He is such a great addition to your family . Love Border Collies. He is a handsome fellow and hopefully gives Bea so e good advice.
I just love Far Side. Haven’t seen one in awhile. I keep one that has to do with cats. I just wish I could figure out how to share it. I’m such a dope with all this tech.

Michelle said...

Awww....I LOVE a Border Collie. We had one on our small farm many years ago. What a treasure she was. I think of her all the time. Wishing a BIG welcome to Amos!

farm buddy said...

I am so happy to see this post! I wish you and Amos the best of times together and for a very long time too!! Congratulations!!!

Terry and Linda said...

I'm so glad you got another Border Collie...YAY for all of you!

Shelley said...

I'm looking forward to the Amos Possum romance. You really did get him for her, right?

bobbieliz said...

Sara, I have this feeling that Bea MAY see Amos as a bit of competition for rounding up a stray sheep who comes into the yard. I wonder what that will/would look like. I'd like to see how well Amos points out that he is the teacher, and how Bea points out that, "Hey, I was here first!" We shall see what we shall see. Hmmm.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I love that cartoon also! Welcome Amos! So glad you have a good home!

Donna Schoonover said...

Welcome Amos! What a great addition to the farm.

Cheryl West said...

Amos appears to be settling in very comfortably. I am so pleased that you have found such a wonderful new helper.

Camp said...

Amos enjoyed his trialing career and is looking forward to learning the "real" side of sheep. He will try hard to be a great helper, make friends with Archie, Possum and ahem Bea...lol. Thank you for allowing him to be a part of it all- enjoying a slice of Heaven on earth, sharing love with you Sara and Tim..it just doesn't get any better. Sharing my "little" boy with you means more than you'll ever know...I think this is the part where we say...and they all lived happily every after. My heart is smiling.

T.L. Merrybard said...

I'm so glad for you all! He's gorgeous! Look outt sheeples!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin